Jan 5, 2013, 2:06 PM EST
Elite 2013 center Dakari Johnson will announce his college decision tonight on ESPN, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
Johnson reclassified to the Class of 2013 from the Class of 2014 this November, fast-tracking his path to college basketball. The 6-10, 250-pound New York native has narrowed his list to Kentucky, Syracuse, and Georgetown.
Syracuse is probably the least likely destination for Johnson, a team that already features DaJuan Coleman and Rakeem Christmas on the interior.
Kentucky has already pulled in the No. 1 recruiting class in the country, a group that includes Andrew and Aaron Harrison, James Young, Marcus Lee, and Derek Willis. The Wildcats are also considered to be toward the top of the list for five-star recruits Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle.
Georgetown recently got a commitment from UCLA transfer Josh Smith, but could use some size on the interior. This season, the Hoyas are leaning on big man Nate Lubick, being without a major impact player in the middle, one like Roy Hibbert or Greg Monroe.
The program that Johnson chooses will be getting one of the best pure big men in the class. He is strong around the basket and has a good arsenal of moves to score.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)