Jan 5, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Elite 2013 center Dakari Johnson will announce his college decision tonight on ESPN, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
Johnson reclassified to the Class of 2013 from the Class of 2014 this November, fast-tracking his path to college basketball. The 6-10, 250-pound New York native has narrowed his list to Kentucky, Syracuse, and Georgetown.
Syracuse is probably the least likely destination for Johnson, a team that already features DaJuan Coleman and Rakeem Christmas on the interior.
Kentucky has already pulled in the No. 1 recruiting class in the country, a group that includes Andrew and Aaron Harrison, James Young, Marcus Lee, and Derek Willis. The Wildcats are also considered to be toward the top of the list for five-star recruits Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle.
Georgetown recently got a commitment from UCLA transfer Josh Smith, but could use some size on the interior. This season, the Hoyas are leaning on big man Nate Lubick, being without a major impact player in the middle, one like Roy Hibbert or Greg Monroe.
The program that Johnson chooses will be getting one of the best pure big men in the class. He is strong around the basket and has a good arsenal of moves to score.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 3
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)