Jan 5, 2013, 2:06 PM EDT
Elite 2013 center Dakari Johnson will announce his college decision tonight on ESPN, Dave Telep of ESPN.com is reporting.
Johnson reclassified to the Class of 2013 from the Class of 2014 this November, fast-tracking his path to college basketball. The 6-10, 250-pound New York native has narrowed his list to Kentucky, Syracuse, and Georgetown.
Syracuse is probably the least likely destination for Johnson, a team that already features DaJuan Coleman and Rakeem Christmas on the interior.
Kentucky has already pulled in the No. 1 recruiting class in the country, a group that includes Andrew and Aaron Harrison, James Young, Marcus Lee, and Derek Willis. The Wildcats are also considered to be toward the top of the list for five-star recruits Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle.
Georgetown recently got a commitment from UCLA transfer Josh Smith, but could use some size on the interior. This season, the Hoyas are leaning on big man Nate Lubick, being without a major impact player in the middle, one like Roy Hibbert or Greg Monroe.
The program that Johnson chooses will be getting one of the best pure big men in the class. He is strong around the basket and has a good arsenal of moves to score.
Aug 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
This Wisconsin rap battle is starting to spread.
Aug 1, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
There will be 39 college counselors playing at adidas Nations this weekend.
Aug 1, 2015, 8:52 AM EDT
Is this an addition for depth, or should Kentucky be concerned about another center?
Aug 1, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
Kentucky continues to add international pieces to its latest recruiting class.
Jul 31, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
Markelle Fultz was one of the best players during the July live evaluation period.
Jul 31, 2015, 8:45 PM EDT
Duke gets a huge official visit in late August from a five-star guard.
Jul 31, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
LaMelo Ball, a 13-year-old guard, committed to UCLA like his two older brothers.
Jul 31, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Michigan State sophomore guard Javon Bess will try to stay healthy and in the rotation next season.
Jul 31, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Both are perimeter players, giving the Spiders additional depth moving forward.
Jul 31, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
McLaughlin de-committed from Washington in mid-May, but the Huskies remain in the mix.
Jul 31, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
The injunction would have allowed current and future players to be compensated for the uses of their names, images and likenesses.
Jul 31, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
The two programs are ranked first and third, respectively, on the NCAA all-time wins list.
Jul 31, 2015, 11:07 AM EDT
Louisville, NC State, St. John’s and West Virginia remain in the running for his pledge.
Jul 30, 2015, 8:15 PM EDT
Powell’s recruiting profile has risen thanks to the way he’s played throughout the summer.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
With Jarrod Uthoff and Adam Woodbury being seniors, having two front court commits in 2016 is good news for the Hawkeyes.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:40 PM EDT
The Cardinal need to account for the loss of their top three scorers (and top two rebounders) from last season’s NIT champion team.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
The Crusaders are getting back the league’s defensive player of the year.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:25 PM EDT
Tyndall’s one NCAA tournament win sure was memorable.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:03 PM EDT
The cousin of former Pitt forward Chevon Troutman has developed into a quality recruit himself.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:43 AM EDT
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)