Jan 5, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that the Florida State Seminoles are not the team we expected.
Sure, they weren’t expected contend for the ACC championship in 2012-2013, but the Seminoles were not expected to lose games against South Alabama, Mercer and Auburn either.
But at 8-5 and with the non-conference schedule in the rear-view mirror, Florida State looked to regain their edge against Clemson in their ACC opener.
The game wasn’t pretty, and the Seminoles nearly blew a 16-point halftime lead, but the team’s trademark pressure defense returned for the first time all season. Preseason All-American Michael Snaer struggled on offense, but thanks to the efforts of Okaro White, the Seminoles were able to escape with a 71-66 win.
White finished with a team-high 15 points, including this pretty sensational ally-oop jam off of an in-bounds play.
(Video via ACC Digital Network)
The worst thing you can do when defending an in-bounds play is to forget where your man is. If you happen to be guarding Okaro White, bad things are going to happen.
You can find Troy on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)