Jan 5, 2013, 11:15 PM EDT
It’s safe to say that the Florida State Seminoles are not the team we expected.
Sure, they weren’t expected contend for the ACC championship in 2012-2013, but the Seminoles were not expected to lose games against South Alabama, Mercer and Auburn either.
But at 8-5 and with the non-conference schedule in the rear-view mirror, Florida State looked to regain their edge against Clemson in their ACC opener.
The game wasn’t pretty, and the Seminoles nearly blew a 16-point halftime lead, but the team’s trademark pressure defense returned for the first time all season. Preseason All-American Michael Snaer struggled on offense, but thanks to the efforts of Okaro White, the Seminoles were able to escape with a 71-66 win.
White finished with a team-high 15 points, including this pretty sensational ally-oop jam off of an in-bounds play.
(Video via ACC Digital Network)
The worst thing you can do when defending an in-bounds play is to forget where your man is. If you happen to be guarding Okaro White, bad things are going to happen.
You can find Troy on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)