Jan 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
No Erik Murphy? No problem.
Kenny Boynton put together his second-best shooting performance of the season, hitting nine of 12 shots from the field (8-of-10 3PT) and scoring 28 points to lead No. 13 Florida to a 79-58 win at Yale.
The Gators were without the services of Murphy due to bruised ribs suffered in practice on Friday.
And while Murphy’s absence was a disappointment for the nearly 200 family and friends who made the trek from Murphy’s hometown of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Billy Donovan’s team played well in their final tuneup before they begin SEC play on Wednesday.
Will Yeguete started in Murphy’s place and played well, tallying 14 points and nine rebounds, and Casey Prather took advantage of his increased playing time with nine points and six rebounds in 26 minutes of action. Senior guard Mike Rosario added 13 points.
Justin Sears led three Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points, racking up four steals as well.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)