Jan 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EST
No Erik Murphy? No problem.
Kenny Boynton put together his second-best shooting performance of the season, hitting nine of 12 shots from the field (8-of-10 3PT) and scoring 28 points to lead No. 13 Florida to a 79-58 win at Yale.
The Gators were without the services of Murphy due to bruised ribs suffered in practice on Friday.
And while Murphy’s absence was a disappointment for the nearly 200 family and friends who made the trek from Murphy’s hometown of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Billy Donovan’s team played well in their final tuneup before they begin SEC play on Wednesday.
Will Yeguete started in Murphy’s place and played well, tallying 14 points and nine rebounds, and Casey Prather took advantage of his increased playing time with nine points and six rebounds in 26 minutes of action. Senior guard Mike Rosario added 13 points.
Justin Sears led three Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points, racking up four steals as well.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)