Jan 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
No Erik Murphy? No problem.
Kenny Boynton put together his second-best shooting performance of the season, hitting nine of 12 shots from the field (8-of-10 3PT) and scoring 28 points to lead No. 13 Florida to a 79-58 win at Yale.
The Gators were without the services of Murphy due to bruised ribs suffered in practice on Friday.
And while Murphy’s absence was a disappointment for the nearly 200 family and friends who made the trek from Murphy’s hometown of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Billy Donovan’s team played well in their final tuneup before they begin SEC play on Wednesday.
Will Yeguete started in Murphy’s place and played well, tallying 14 points and nine rebounds, and Casey Prather took advantage of his increased playing time with nine points and six rebounds in 26 minutes of action. Senior guard Mike Rosario added 13 points.
Justin Sears led three Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points, racking up four steals as well.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (3)