Jan 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
No Erik Murphy? No problem.
Kenny Boynton put together his second-best shooting performance of the season, hitting nine of 12 shots from the field (8-of-10 3PT) and scoring 28 points to lead No. 13 Florida to a 79-58 win at Yale.
The Gators were without the services of Murphy due to bruised ribs suffered in practice on Friday.
And while Murphy’s absence was a disappointment for the nearly 200 family and friends who made the trek from Murphy’s hometown of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Billy Donovan’s team played well in their final tuneup before they begin SEC play on Wednesday.
Will Yeguete started in Murphy’s place and played well, tallying 14 points and nine rebounds, and Casey Prather took advantage of his increased playing time with nine points and six rebounds in 26 minutes of action. Senior guard Mike Rosario added 13 points.
Justin Sears led three Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points, racking up four steals as well.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 3
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 3
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 5
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed 10
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)