Jan 6, 2013, 9:44 PM EDT
No Erik Murphy? No problem.
Kenny Boynton put together his second-best shooting performance of the season, hitting nine of 12 shots from the field (8-of-10 3PT) and scoring 28 points to lead No. 13 Florida to a 79-58 win at Yale.
The Gators were without the services of Murphy due to bruised ribs suffered in practice on Friday.
And while Murphy’s absence was a disappointment for the nearly 200 family and friends who made the trek from Murphy’s hometown of South Kingstown, Rhode Island, Billy Donovan’s team played well in their final tuneup before they begin SEC play on Wednesday.
Will Yeguete started in Murphy’s place and played well, tallying 14 points and nine rebounds, and Casey Prather took advantage of his increased playing time with nine points and six rebounds in 26 minutes of action. Senior guard Mike Rosario added 13 points.
Justin Sears led three Bulldogs in double figures with 15 points, racking up four steals as well.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)