Jan 7, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Indiana went on the road and came away with a 74-51 victory over Penn State.
Four of five starters finished in double-figures for the no. 5 Hoosiers, led by Christian Watford’s 16 points and eight rebounds. Cody Zeller capped the game with 15 points and five rebounds in the win. Ross Travis led the Nittany Lions with 14 points.
The Hoosiers held Penn State to 31.7-percent shooting overall, including a 5-for-18 night from three-point range. Indiana finished the night 8-for-16 from deep and shot 52.4-percent overall.
It wasn’t the prettiest game for either team, combining for 36 turnovers (Indiana – 17, Penn State – 19).
It was a solid road win against an inferior opponent for the Hoosiers. I’m sure coach Tom Crean will take 50-percent night from three any time.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- NBA: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit