Jan 7, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Indiana went on the road and came away with a 74-51 victory over Penn State.
Four of five starters finished in double-figures for the no. 5 Hoosiers, led by Christian Watford’s 16 points and eight rebounds. Cody Zeller capped the game with 15 points and five rebounds in the win. Ross Travis led the Nittany Lions with 14 points.
The Hoosiers held Penn State to 31.7-percent shooting overall, including a 5-for-18 night from three-point range. Indiana finished the night 8-for-16 from deep and shot 52.4-percent overall.
It wasn’t the prettiest game for either team, combining for 36 turnovers (Indiana – 17, Penn State – 19).
It was a solid road win against an inferior opponent for the Hoosiers. I’m sure coach Tom Crean will take 50-percent night from three any time.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)