Jan 7, 2013, 10:16 PM EST
Indiana went on the road and came away with a 74-51 victory over Penn State.
Four of five starters finished in double-figures for the no. 5 Hoosiers, led by Christian Watford’s 16 points and eight rebounds. Cody Zeller capped the game with 15 points and five rebounds in the win. Ross Travis led the Nittany Lions with 14 points.
The Hoosiers held Penn State to 31.7-percent shooting overall, including a 5-for-18 night from three-point range. Indiana finished the night 8-for-16 from deep and shot 52.4-percent overall.
It wasn’t the prettiest game for either team, combining for 36 turnovers (Indiana – 17, Penn State – 19).
It was a solid road win against an inferior opponent for the Hoosiers. I’m sure coach Tom Crean will take 50-percent night from three any time.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 3
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)