Jan 7, 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Indiana went on the road and came away with a 74-51 victory over Penn State.
Four of five starters finished in double-figures for the no. 5 Hoosiers, led by Christian Watford’s 16 points and eight rebounds. Cody Zeller capped the game with 15 points and five rebounds in the win. Ross Travis led the Nittany Lions with 14 points.
The Hoosiers held Penn State to 31.7-percent shooting overall, including a 5-for-18 night from three-point range. Indiana finished the night 8-for-16 from deep and shot 52.4-percent overall.
It wasn’t the prettiest game for either team, combining for 36 turnovers (Indiana – 17, Penn State – 19).
It was a solid road win against an inferior opponent for the Hoosiers. I’m sure coach Tom Crean will take 50-percent night from three any time.
David Harten is a sportswriter and college basketball blogger. You can follow him on Twitter at @David_Harten.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)