Jan 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Louisville got some bad news on Tuesday as Rick Pitino announced that starting power forward Chane Behanan suffered a high-ankle sprain in practice on Monday.
He will not travel to Seton Hall with the team on Wednesday. Freshman Montrezl Harrell will start in Behanan’s place:
Per Rick Pitino, Chane Behanan suffered a moderate high ankle sprain in practice Mon. Out a week-10 days. Won't travel to Seton Hall. #UofL—
Eric Crawford (@ericcrawford) January 08, 2013
Pitino said that the injury will likely keep Behanan out for a little more than a week, but as anyone who has ever had a fantasy football team knows, high-ankle sprains can be a finicky injury, the kind of thing that can nag a player for weeks after he’s cleared to return. Behanan is averaging 11.4 points and 7.1 boards on the season, but was playing his best basketball of the season before coming down with the flu prior to last week’s tilt with Providence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 0
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)