Jan 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Louisville got some bad news on Tuesday as Rick Pitino announced that starting power forward Chane Behanan suffered a high-ankle sprain in practice on Monday.
He will not travel to Seton Hall with the team on Wednesday. Freshman Montrezl Harrell will start in Behanan’s place:
Per Rick Pitino, Chane Behanan suffered a moderate high ankle sprain in practice Mon. Out a week-10 days. Won't travel to Seton Hall. #UofL—
Eric Crawford (@ericcrawford) January 08, 2013
Pitino said that the injury will likely keep Behanan out for a little more than a week, but as anyone who has ever had a fantasy football team knows, high-ankle sprains can be a finicky injury, the kind of thing that can nag a player for weeks after he’s cleared to return. Behanan is averaging 11.4 points and 7.1 boards on the season, but was playing his best basketball of the season before coming down with the flu prior to last week’s tilt with Providence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)