Jan 8, 2013, 11:03 AM EDT
Louisville got some bad news on Tuesday as Rick Pitino announced that starting power forward Chane Behanan suffered a high-ankle sprain in practice on Monday.
He will not travel to Seton Hall with the team on Wednesday. Freshman Montrezl Harrell will start in Behanan’s place:
Per Rick Pitino, Chane Behanan suffered a moderate high ankle sprain in practice Mon. Out a week-10 days. Won't travel to Seton Hall. #UofL—
Eric Crawford (@ericcrawford) January 08, 2013
Pitino said that the injury will likely keep Behanan out for a little more than a week, but as anyone who has ever had a fantasy football team knows, high-ankle sprains can be a finicky injury, the kind of thing that can nag a player for weeks after he’s cleared to return. Behanan is averaging 11.4 points and 7.1 boards on the season, but was playing his best basketball of the season before coming down with the flu prior to last week’s tilt with Providence.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)