Jan 8, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Cincinnati president Santa Ono is a man of his word.
Back in August, Ono made a bet with the head coaches of his two biggest sports — Butch Jones and Mick Cronin — that, if either of their teams won ten straight games, he would shave his head for charity.
Well, on December 15th, the Bearcats won their tenth straight game when they went into Charleston, WV, and knocked off Marshall.
And on Monday night, Ono kept his promise, shaving his head after Cincinnati lost 66-60 at home to Notre Dame:
You can watch the report from FOX19 in Cincinnati here.
This wasn’t just for fun and games. The Cincinnati student body president and a cancer survivor also shaved their heads to raise awareness for the Dragonfly Foundation, which helps kids with cancer and blood disease.
Ono’s one concern about the new ‘do?
“Do I look like that kung-foo guy?” Ono asked.
No, but you kind of look like Mick Cronin now.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)