Jan 8, 2013, 9:34 AM EST
Cincinnati president Santa Ono is a man of his word.
Back in August, Ono made a bet with the head coaches of his two biggest sports — Butch Jones and Mick Cronin — that, if either of their teams won ten straight games, he would shave his head for charity.
Well, on December 15th, the Bearcats won their tenth straight game when they went into Charleston, WV, and knocked off Marshall.
And on Monday night, Ono kept his promise, shaving his head after Cincinnati lost 66-60 at home to Notre Dame:
You can watch the report from FOX19 in Cincinnati here.
This wasn’t just for fun and games. The Cincinnati student body president and a cancer survivor also shaved their heads to raise awareness for the Dragonfly Foundation, which helps kids with cancer and blood disease.
Ono’s one concern about the new ‘do?
“Do I look like that kung-foo guy?” Ono asked.
No, but you kind of look like Mick Cronin now.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)