Jan 8, 2013, 9:34 AM EDT
Cincinnati president Santa Ono is a man of his word.
Back in August, Ono made a bet with the head coaches of his two biggest sports — Butch Jones and Mick Cronin — that, if either of their teams won ten straight games, he would shave his head for charity.
Well, on December 15th, the Bearcats won their tenth straight game when they went into Charleston, WV, and knocked off Marshall.
And on Monday night, Ono kept his promise, shaving his head after Cincinnati lost 66-60 at home to Notre Dame:
You can watch the report from FOX19 in Cincinnati here.
This wasn’t just for fun and games. The Cincinnati student body president and a cancer survivor also shaved their heads to raise awareness for the Dragonfly Foundation, which helps kids with cancer and blood disease.
Ono’s one concern about the new ‘do?
“Do I look like that kung-foo guy?” Ono asked.
No, but you kind of look like Mick Cronin now.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)