Jan 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt announced Dec. 31 that senior Luke Martinez would be out indefinitely after breaking his hand in an off-campus incident.
Now, according to a police account reported by the Casper Star Tribune, it has been revealed that Martinez was involved in a bar fight in Laramie that resulted in a broken right ring finger. The injury has already kept him out of one game, a 59-56 Wyoming win over Southern Methodist on Jan. 2.
Details of the incident are scarce and Martinez’s role in the fight is unknown.
According to the report, though, Martinez stayed behind at the scene when others fled and talked to police investigating the scene. No charges have reportedly been filed stemming from the fight and no arrests have been made.
Shyatt declined to give many details to the paper, either. He reportedly declined to comment on whether Martinez was injured in the incident or if local authorities were involved.
“I can’t say,” Shyatt told the paper. “I can’t say, nor am I comfortable saying. Because I absolutely don’t have any more details.”
Prior to the injury, Martinez was the second-leading scorer on the undefeated Cowboys team with 14.5 points per game. Wyoming is one of just four schools that remain undefeated, though it has still yet to break into the nation’s Top 25.
- Report: Devonta Pollard no longer enrolled at Alabama 0
- Communication plays vital role in development of Marquette’s Vander Blue 0
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming