Jan 8, 2013, 10:51 PM EDT
Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt announced Dec. 31 that senior Luke Martinez would be out indefinitely after breaking his hand in an off-campus incident.
Now, according to a police account reported by the Casper Star Tribune, it has been revealed that Martinez was involved in a bar fight in Laramie that resulted in a broken right ring finger. The injury has already kept him out of one game, a 59-56 Wyoming win over Southern Methodist on Jan. 2.
Details of the incident are scarce and Martinez’s role in the fight is unknown.
According to the report, though, Martinez stayed behind at the scene when others fled and talked to police investigating the scene. No charges have reportedly been filed stemming from the fight and no arrests have been made.
Shyatt declined to give many details to the paper, either. He reportedly declined to comment on whether Martinez was injured in the incident or if local authorities were involved.
“I can’t say,” Shyatt told the paper. “I can’t say, nor am I comfortable saying. Because I absolutely don’t have any more details.”
Prior to the injury, Martinez was the second-leading scorer on the undefeated Cowboys team with 14.5 points per game. Wyoming is one of just four schools that remain undefeated, though it has still yet to break into the nation’s Top 25.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)