Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 PM EST
Illinois’ Brandon Paul is a dynamic high-octane scorer. He dropped 35 points against Gonzaga earlier this season and who can forget his 43-point performance against Ohio State a year ago.
But lost in all the hype of his scoring ability is his underrated dunking acumen. We haven’t seen the 6-foot-4 senior go off on somebody in a few years, but we know from the video footage that it’s not wise to stand in front of him when he’s driving to the lane.
Early in the first half against No.8 Minnesota on Wednesday night, Paul took off in the lane and Trevor Mbakwe went to step in and draw the charge.
(Video from The Big Ten Network)
You can see the baseline official signal for the charge AND the basket. How is that possible? Doesn’t the contact supersede the basket?
I’m just going to have to assume that the referees gave Brandon Paul the two points because they were so impressed with his dunk.
Yeah, lets go with that.
You can find Troy Machir on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (5)