Jan 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EST
The focus of Duke’s 2013 recruiting class has been on Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, who committed to the Blue Devils on Dec. 20, but coach Mike Krzyzewski has a couple more aces up his sleeve.
Semi Ojeleye, a 6-6 forward from Ottawa, Kansas, who signed with Duke in September, went off for 57 points in a 77-30 win this week. Perhaps most impressively, though, is that the 57-point performance was not a season-high. Back in December, he scored 58 in another blowout victory.
Ojeleye is known to be a scoring, having averaged over 32 points per game as a junior. With his 6-6 frame, he is athletic and has the ability to be physical around the rim. When he gets to Duke, he will play second fiddle to Parker, but will be part of a Blue Devil team that will need to compensate for the scoring losses of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly, and Seth Curry.
Rasheed Sulaimon will likely stick around for at least another season, added to a returning Quinn Cook. Amile Jefferson could develop more in his sophomore season and Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will be seniors.
With Ojeleye added to the mix, Duke might be young, but they could also have some dangerous scoring options.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 31
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (31)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)