Jan 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The focus of Duke’s 2013 recruiting class has been on Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, who committed to the Blue Devils on Dec. 20, but coach Mike Krzyzewski has a couple more aces up his sleeve.
Semi Ojeleye, a 6-6 forward from Ottawa, Kansas, who signed with Duke in September, went off for 57 points in a 77-30 win this week. Perhaps most impressively, though, is that the 57-point performance was not a season-high. Back in December, he scored 58 in another blowout victory.
Ojeleye is known to be a scoring, having averaged over 32 points per game as a junior. With his 6-6 frame, he is athletic and has the ability to be physical around the rim. When he gets to Duke, he will play second fiddle to Parker, but will be part of a Blue Devil team that will need to compensate for the scoring losses of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly, and Seth Curry.
Rasheed Sulaimon will likely stick around for at least another season, added to a returning Quinn Cook. Amile Jefferson could develop more in his sophomore season and Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will be seniors.
With Ojeleye added to the mix, Duke might be young, but they could also have some dangerous scoring options.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)