Jan 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The focus of Duke’s 2013 recruiting class has been on Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, who committed to the Blue Devils on Dec. 20, but coach Mike Krzyzewski has a couple more aces up his sleeve.
Semi Ojeleye, a 6-6 forward from Ottawa, Kansas, who signed with Duke in September, went off for 57 points in a 77-30 win this week. Perhaps most impressively, though, is that the 57-point performance was not a season-high. Back in December, he scored 58 in another blowout victory.
Ojeleye is known to be a scoring, having averaged over 32 points per game as a junior. With his 6-6 frame, he is athletic and has the ability to be physical around the rim. When he gets to Duke, he will play second fiddle to Parker, but will be part of a Blue Devil team that will need to compensate for the scoring losses of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly, and Seth Curry.
Rasheed Sulaimon will likely stick around for at least another season, added to a returning Quinn Cook. Amile Jefferson could develop more in his sophomore season and Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will be seniors.
With Ojeleye added to the mix, Duke might be young, but they could also have some dangerous scoring options.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 1
- New Mexico’s Craig Neal cuts hair for ‘Locks of Love’ (VIDEO) 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- Has Maryland found a new starting center? (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Northeast Conference Preview: Is it time for Robert Morris to dance again? (1)