Jan 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
The focus of Duke’s 2013 recruiting class has been on Chicago phenom Jabari Parker, who committed to the Blue Devils on Dec. 20, but coach Mike Krzyzewski has a couple more aces up his sleeve.
Semi Ojeleye, a 6-6 forward from Ottawa, Kansas, who signed with Duke in September, went off for 57 points in a 77-30 win this week. Perhaps most impressively, though, is that the 57-point performance was not a season-high. Back in December, he scored 58 in another blowout victory.
Ojeleye is known to be a scoring, having averaged over 32 points per game as a junior. With his 6-6 frame, he is athletic and has the ability to be physical around the rim. When he gets to Duke, he will play second fiddle to Parker, but will be part of a Blue Devil team that will need to compensate for the scoring losses of Mason Plumlee, Ryan Kelly, and Seth Curry.
Rasheed Sulaimon will likely stick around for at least another season, added to a returning Quinn Cook. Amile Jefferson could develop more in his sophomore season and Tyler Thornton and Josh Hairston will be seniors.
With Ojeleye added to the mix, Duke might be young, but they could also have some dangerous scoring options.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)