Jan 9, 2013, 8:30 PM EST
Illinois State’s season has turned into Dan Muller’s worst nightmare.
After a promising 9-3 start to the season that had some speculating whether or not the Redbirds would be a sleeper for the Missouri Valley title, Illinois State lost their first four games in league play. That was capped off by a Tuesday night loss to a Missouri State team that has exactly zero Division I wins outside of the Valley.
And to make matters worse, Muller suspended second-leading scorer Tyler Brown indefinitely on Wednesday evening.
“Tyler has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team,” Illinois State coach Dan Muller said in a statement. “We have standards for our program, and Tyler has violated those standards.”
Brown has started all 16 games and averaged 15.3 points, 3.2 boards and 2.4 assists. The loss is a major blow, especially if he’s going to be sidelined for an extended period of time.
Illinois State hosts Drake, who is also looking for their first MVC win, on Saturday. They will play at No. 23 Wichita State next week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame falls, No. 13 Louisville comes back from 18 down 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)