Jan 9, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
Illinois State’s season has turned into Dan Muller’s worst nightmare.
After a promising 9-3 start to the season that had some speculating whether or not the Redbirds would be a sleeper for the Missouri Valley title, Illinois State lost their first four games in league play. That was capped off by a Tuesday night loss to a Missouri State team that has exactly zero Division I wins outside of the Valley.
And to make matters worse, Muller suspended second-leading scorer Tyler Brown indefinitely on Wednesday evening.
“Tyler has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team,” Illinois State coach Dan Muller said in a statement. “We have standards for our program, and Tyler has violated those standards.”
Brown has started all 16 games and averaged 15.3 points, 3.2 boards and 2.4 assists. The loss is a major blow, especially if he’s going to be sidelined for an extended period of time.
Illinois State hosts Drake, who is also looking for their first MVC win, on Saturday. They will play at No. 23 Wichita State next week.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)