Jan 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Missouri has announced that Laurence Bowers has sprained the MCL in his right knee.
He will miss the next two games and will then be reevaluated. Those two games? At Ole Miss and at home against Georgia. The Tigers are hoping they’ll have Bowers in the lineup when they head to Gainesville to take on Florida.
Bowers injured the knee last night in a win over Alabama.
The good news here? The injury isn’t the same knee where he tore an ACL last September. The better news? This injury isn’t too serious.
But Bowers is such an important piece to Missouri’s puzzle this season. He’s one of the most improved players in the country, having turned himself into one of the most dangerous face-up fours in the game. On a team that lacks perimeter shooting at times, Bowers has been a steadying force alongside Phil Pressey.
Here’s to hoping that he’s able to return to the court sooner rather than later.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)