Jan 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Missouri has announced that Laurence Bowers has sprained the MCL in his right knee.
He will miss the next two games and will then be reevaluated. Those two games? At Ole Miss and at home against Georgia. The Tigers are hoping they’ll have Bowers in the lineup when they head to Gainesville to take on Florida.
Bowers injured the knee last night in a win over Alabama.
The good news here? The injury isn’t the same knee where he tore an ACL last September. The better news? This injury isn’t too serious.
But Bowers is such an important piece to Missouri’s puzzle this season. He’s one of the most improved players in the country, having turned himself into one of the most dangerous face-up fours in the game. On a team that lacks perimeter shooting at times, Bowers has been a steadying force alongside Phil Pressey.
Here’s to hoping that he’s able to return to the court sooner rather than later.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)