Jan 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
Missouri has announced that Laurence Bowers has sprained the MCL in his right knee.
He will miss the next two games and will then be reevaluated. Those two games? At Ole Miss and at home against Georgia. The Tigers are hoping they’ll have Bowers in the lineup when they head to Gainesville to take on Florida.
Bowers injured the knee last night in a win over Alabama.
The good news here? The injury isn’t the same knee where he tore an ACL last September. The better news? This injury isn’t too serious.
But Bowers is such an important piece to Missouri’s puzzle this season. He’s one of the most improved players in the country, having turned himself into one of the most dangerous face-up fours in the game. On a team that lacks perimeter shooting at times, Bowers has been a steadying force alongside Phil Pressey.
Here’s to hoping that he’s able to return to the court sooner rather than later.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 0
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 1
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)