Jan 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EDT
Missouri has announced that Laurence Bowers has sprained the MCL in his right knee.
He will miss the next two games and will then be reevaluated. Those two games? At Ole Miss and at home against Georgia. The Tigers are hoping they’ll have Bowers in the lineup when they head to Gainesville to take on Florida.
Bowers injured the knee last night in a win over Alabama.
The good news here? The injury isn’t the same knee where he tore an ACL last September. The better news? This injury isn’t too serious.
But Bowers is such an important piece to Missouri’s puzzle this season. He’s one of the most improved players in the country, having turned himself into one of the most dangerous face-up fours in the game. On a team that lacks perimeter shooting at times, Bowers has been a steadying force alongside Phil Pressey.
Here’s to hoping that he’s able to return to the court sooner rather than later.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)