Jan 9, 2013, 12:42 PM EST
Missouri has announced that Laurence Bowers has sprained the MCL in his right knee.
He will miss the next two games and will then be reevaluated. Those two games? At Ole Miss and at home against Georgia. The Tigers are hoping they’ll have Bowers in the lineup when they head to Gainesville to take on Florida.
Bowers injured the knee last night in a win over Alabama.
The good news here? The injury isn’t the same knee where he tore an ACL last September. The better news? This injury isn’t too serious.
But Bowers is such an important piece to Missouri’s puzzle this season. He’s one of the most improved players in the country, having turned himself into one of the most dangerous face-up fours in the game. On a team that lacks perimeter shooting at times, Bowers has been a steadying force alongside Phil Pressey.
Here’s to hoping that he’s able to return to the court sooner rather than later.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)