Jan 9, 2013, 7:39 PM EDT
Branden Dawson a double-double of 14 points and 11 rebounds in Michigan State’s win over Purdue on Saturday, but his stat line wasn’t the focus of the conversation after the game.
Instead, the conversation has centered around this, video footage that some believe shows Dawson getting in a physical altercation with Purdue’s Travis Carroll and throwing a punch at him late in Michigan State’s blowout victory.
The Big Ten has reviewed the tape and decided there is no conclusive evidence of a punch being thrown and, thus, will not discipline Dawson. On Tuesday, Dawson responded and explained how he saw the situation, via MLive.com.
“Travis Carroll, he came down, and he latched into me and kind of bumped me,” Dawson said. “The ball went in through the net, and he kept going. Our arms got tangled, and I kind of smacked down. We kind of had some words, and our guys were talking toward each other, so it got kind of chippy.
“With Purdue and their fans, it was just crazy because I wouldn’t do anything to hurt anyone. I was just kind of bummed out about it.”
Did Dawson throw a punch? Check out the hyperlink above and make your own judgment. As for Dawson, he and the Spartans go on the road to face Iowa on Thursday.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)