Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Shawn Jackson has decided to leave the Iona basketball team, the school announced on Tuesday.
Jackson, a 6-foot-9, 250 lb forward, had started eight games this season, but he was only averaging 1.8 points and 2.6 boards per game. The JuCo transfer from Northwest Florida didn’t play in three of the last five games and had seen his minutes cut into severely over the last six games.
That just so happens to coincidence with the arrival of transfer David Laury.
Laury has averaged 15.6 points and 9.2 boards in the six games since he’s gotten eligible.
(Image via Iona Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)