Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Shawn Jackson has decided to leave the Iona basketball team, the school announced on Tuesday.
Jackson, a 6-foot-9, 250 lb forward, had started eight games this season, but he was only averaging 1.8 points and 2.6 boards per game. The JuCo transfer from Northwest Florida didn’t play in three of the last five games and had seen his minutes cut into severely over the last six games.
That just so happens to coincidence with the arrival of transfer David Laury.
Laury has averaged 15.6 points and 9.2 boards in the six games since he’s gotten eligible.
(Image via Iona Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)