Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Shawn Jackson has decided to leave the Iona basketball team, the school announced on Tuesday.
Jackson, a 6-foot-9, 250 lb forward, had started eight games this season, but he was only averaging 1.8 points and 2.6 boards per game. The JuCo transfer from Northwest Florida didn’t play in three of the last five games and had seen his minutes cut into severely over the last six games.
That just so happens to coincidence with the arrival of transfer David Laury.
Laury has averaged 15.6 points and 9.2 boards in the six games since he’s gotten eligible.
(Image via Iona Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)