Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Shawn Jackson has decided to leave the Iona basketball team, the school announced on Tuesday.
Jackson, a 6-foot-9, 250 lb forward, had started eight games this season, but he was only averaging 1.8 points and 2.6 boards per game. The JuCo transfer from Northwest Florida didn’t play in three of the last five games and had seen his minutes cut into severely over the last six games.
That just so happens to coincidence with the arrival of transfer David Laury.
Laury has averaged 15.6 points and 9.2 boards in the six games since he’s gotten eligible.
(Image via Iona Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)