Jan 9, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Shawn Jackson has decided to leave the Iona basketball team, the school announced on Tuesday.
Jackson, a 6-foot-9, 250 lb forward, had started eight games this season, but he was only averaging 1.8 points and 2.6 boards per game. The JuCo transfer from Northwest Florida didn’t play in three of the last five games and had seen his minutes cut into severely over the last six games.
That just so happens to coincidence with the arrival of transfer David Laury.
Laury has averaged 15.6 points and 9.2 boards in the six games since he’s gotten eligible.
(Image via Iona Athletics)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)