Jan 10, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
Campbell suffered a big blow on Thursday as it was announced that Darren White will have surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
White was averaging 21.8 points, good for seventh in the country, and 7.2 boards this season of the Camels, who were picked to win the Big South’s North Division. Campbell was 7-9 on the year but 2-0 in league play.
Here are the details, from the Fayetteville-Observer:
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wing hurt his knee with 2:55 remaining in regulation of Campbell’s triple-overtime win against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, and the recovery time is normally between four and eight weeks. March 11, the day following the Big South tournament final, is eight weeks after White’s surgery date.
White had already missed four games this season with an unrelated injury.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)