Jan 10, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Campbell suffered a big blow on Thursday as it was announced that Darren White will have surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
White was averaging 21.8 points, good for seventh in the country, and 7.2 boards this season of the Camels, who were picked to win the Big South’s North Division. Campbell was 7-9 on the year but 2-0 in league play.
Here are the details, from the Fayetteville-Observer:
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wing hurt his knee with 2:55 remaining in regulation of Campbell’s triple-overtime win against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, and the recovery time is normally between four and eight weeks. March 11, the day following the Big South tournament final, is eight weeks after White’s surgery date.
White had already missed four games this season with an unrelated injury.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)