Jan 10, 2013, 2:58 PM EST
Campbell suffered a big blow on Thursday as it was announced that Darren White will have surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
White was averaging 21.8 points, good for seventh in the country, and 7.2 boards this season of the Camels, who were picked to win the Big South’s North Division. Campbell was 7-9 on the year but 2-0 in league play.
Here are the details, from the Fayetteville-Observer:
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wing hurt his knee with 2:55 remaining in regulation of Campbell’s triple-overtime win against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, and the recovery time is normally between four and eight weeks. March 11, the day following the Big South tournament final, is eight weeks after White’s surgery date.
White had already missed four games this season with an unrelated injury.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)