Jan 10, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Campbell suffered a big blow on Thursday as it was announced that Darren White will have surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
White was averaging 21.8 points, good for seventh in the country, and 7.2 boards this season of the Camels, who were picked to win the Big South’s North Division. Campbell was 7-9 on the year but 2-0 in league play.
Here are the details, from the Fayetteville-Observer:
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wing hurt his knee with 2:55 remaining in regulation of Campbell’s triple-overtime win against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, and the recovery time is normally between four and eight weeks. March 11, the day following the Big South tournament final, is eight weeks after White’s surgery date.
White had already missed four games this season with an unrelated injury.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)