Jan 10, 2013, 2:58 PM EDT
Campbell suffered a big blow on Thursday as it was announced that Darren White will have surgery on Monday to repair a torn meniscus in his knee.
White was averaging 21.8 points, good for seventh in the country, and 7.2 boards this season of the Camels, who were picked to win the Big South’s North Division. Campbell was 7-9 on the year but 2-0 in league play.
Here are the details, from the Fayetteville-Observer:
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound wing hurt his knee with 2:55 remaining in regulation of Campbell’s triple-overtime win against Gardner-Webb on Saturday, and the recovery time is normally between four and eight weeks. March 11, the day following the Big South tournament final, is eight weeks after White’s surgery date.
White had already missed four games this season with an unrelated injury.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0