Jan 10, 2013, 9:03 AM EDT
Last night, we wrote about Boise State’s impressive road win at previously-undefeated Wyoming.
Jeff Elorriaga his a buzzer-beating three to cap a thrilling final three minutes for the Broncos.
But what made the performance all the more impressive is that Boise State was able to do it while playing without four members of their rotation, including leading scorer Derrick Marks.
Marks, Mikey Thompson, Kenny Buckner and Darrious Hamilton — Buckner and Thompson are the top two players off the bench for Leon Rice — didn’t travel with the Broncos to Laramie. According to Brian Murphy of the Idaho Statesmen, they are suspended indefinitely. That could mean one game. That could mean ten games. We don’t really know right now.
“For me, heartbreaking. It was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make,’’ Rice said. “We have a young team and we’re building a program. So one game is not as important as the future of our program. We don’t compromise on not doing it right.’’
There are no easy games in this year’s Mountain West, and that certainly includes hosting New Mexico, which Boise State does on Saturday. It will be interesting to see how long those four are out; I’m not sure the Broncos have a shot at sustained success in this league without them.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 0
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)