Jan 10, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
What you are about to see is the most ballsy display of posterization the world has ever seen. And I’m not just throwing out crazy words to make this an entertaining post.
What San Diego State’s Jamaal Franklin did against Fresno State on Wednesday night is not taught by any coach, counselor or instructor.
There is not a person in the world who would recommend taking the route that Franklin took. He didn’t take the expressway or the overpass, and he didn’t even take the scenic route.
My man Jamaal banged a u-turn during rush hour, hopped a curb, went backwards down a one-way street, executed a perfect three-point turn in on-coming traffic then parallel-parked his dump truck in downtown Manhattan.
Think that last sentence was ridiculous? Well it was, but not nearly as ridiculous as this:
How did….What in the…..Are you….Did that just happen?
On a 3-on-3 fast break, my man Jamaal Franklin looked off his teammate on the right, got the defender to bite, and proceeded to….throw himself a 21-foot pass off the backboard for an ally-oop jam. How does somebody running the point on a fast break get the idea to toss a pass off the backboard from beyond the 3-point line?
I’ll tell you how. Jamaal Franklin is crazy.
See, If I didn’t already know that Jamaal Franklin was a bit crazy, I probably would have torn something tonight in reaction to this dunk.
But you see, this isn’t the first time Franklin has gone off the deep end.
Back in February 2011, Franklin attempted a between-the-legs-dunk during the late stages of a blowout win against Wyoming. But here’s the difference. Against Wyoming, the Aztecs were up 37 points and were on a two-on-none fast break. He missed the dunk. Against Fresno State, Franklin tossed a Jimmer-range pass off the backboard to himself during the first five minutes of the second half with his team up 40-36.
I just…Wow. Just wow.
This tweet from John Ezekowitz sums it up best:
Less than 1 % of basketball players could pull off what Jamal Franklin did on that dunk. Less than 1 % of that 1 % would think to try.—
John Ezekowitz (@JohnEzekowitz) January 10, 2013
So congratulations Jamaal Franklin, you are not only the owner of “Dunk of the Year”, but you’re also the most ridiculous, balls-to-the-wall, off-your-rocker, high flyin’, wheelin’ and dealin’ son of a gun in all of college basketball.
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)