Jan 10, 2013, 1:55 AM EDT
What you are about to see is the most ballsy display of posterization the world has ever seen. And I’m not just throwing out crazy words to make this an entertaining post.
What San Diego State’s Jamaal Franklin did against Fresno State on Wednesday night is not taught by any coach, counselor or instructor.
There is not a person in the world who would recommend taking the route that Franklin took. He didn’t take the expressway or the overpass, and he didn’t even take the scenic route.
My man Jamaal banged a u-turn during rush hour, hopped a curb, went backwards down a one-way street, executed a perfect three-point turn in on-coming traffic then parallel-parked his dump truck in downtown Manhattan.
Think that last sentence was ridiculous? Well it was, but not nearly as ridiculous as this:
How did….What in the…..Are you….Did that just happen?
On a 3-on-3 fast break, my man Jamaal Franklin looked off his teammate on the right, got the defender to bite, and proceeded to….throw himself a 21-foot pass off the backboard for an ally-oop jam. How does somebody running the point on a fast break get the idea to toss a pass off the backboard from beyond the 3-point line?
I’ll tell you how. Jamaal Franklin is crazy.
See, If I didn’t already know that Jamaal Franklin was a bit crazy, I probably would have torn something tonight in reaction to this dunk.
But you see, this isn’t the first time Franklin has gone off the deep end.
Back in February 2011, Franklin attempted a between-the-legs-dunk during the late stages of a blowout win against Wyoming. But here’s the difference. Against Wyoming, the Aztecs were up 37 points and were on a two-on-none fast break. He missed the dunk. Against Fresno State, Franklin tossed a Jimmer-range pass off the backboard to himself during the first five minutes of the second half with his team up 40-36.
I just…Wow. Just wow.
This tweet from John Ezekowitz sums it up best:
Less than 1 % of basketball players could pull off what Jamal Franklin did on that dunk. Less than 1 % of that 1 % would think to try.—
John Ezekowitz (@JohnEzekowitz) January 10, 2013
So congratulations Jamaal Franklin, you are not only the owner of “Dunk of the Year”, but you’re also the most ridiculous, balls-to-the-wall, off-your-rocker, high flyin’, wheelin’ and dealin’ son of a gun in all of college basketball.
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2010? 0
- Re-ranking Recruiting Classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2009? 1
- Florida State lands commitment from five-star 2016 prospect 0
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Bill Self impresses South Korean students with jumper (VIDEO) (3)
- Michigan basketball will change to Jordan Brand from adidas as school announces new Nike deal (3)
- Senior mixtape of 7-foot-6 UCF incoming freshman Tacko Fall (VIDEO) (2)
- Rick Barnes finally addresses accusations against Texas (2)
- Steph Curry misses a dunk staring at his phone, runs to camera to see it (VIDEO) (2)