Jan 11, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Last Thursday, during halftime of the Division II game between Quincy University and Bellarmine University, a halftime promotion resulted in a Bellarmine student winning a cruise.
Casey Saulman won a trip to the Caribbean after successfully completing the layup, free throw, 3-point, half court shot promotion.
“I just looked over to the sideline and people were saying I won,” Saulman told WAVE-TV afterwards. “I just thought of the Caribbean trip and started running and screaming and heard all the fans and it was crazy!”
This is a stable in plenty of high school, college, professional halftime entertainment rotations (maybe not the Caribbean part) and I can honestly say I’ve never seen this done before.
It only took him five shots to complete it – missing a free throw that bounced right back to him – and nailed the 3-pointer and half court shot consecutively.
Bellarmine won 65-50.
FYI – the layup won him breadsticks and the three won him pizza, according to WAVE.
(Photo courtesy of the Bellarmine University Athletics Facebook page)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Len Bias among inductees in Maryland’s 2014 Athletics Hall of Fame class (2)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)