Jan 11, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Last Thursday, during halftime of the Division II game between Quincy University and Bellarmine University, a halftime promotion resulted in a Bellarmine student winning a cruise.
Casey Saulman won a trip to the Caribbean after successfully completing the layup, free throw, 3-point, half court shot promotion.
“I just looked over to the sideline and people were saying I won,” Saulman told WAVE-TV afterwards. “I just thought of the Caribbean trip and started running and screaming and heard all the fans and it was crazy!”
This is a stable in plenty of high school, college, professional halftime entertainment rotations (maybe not the Caribbean part) and I can honestly say I’ve never seen this done before.
It only took him five shots to complete it – missing a free throw that bounced right back to him – and nailed the 3-pointer and half court shot consecutively.
Bellarmine won 65-50.
FYI – the layup won him breadsticks and the three won him pizza, according to WAVE.
(Photo courtesy of the Bellarmine University Athletics Facebook page)
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)