Jan 11, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Last Thursday, during halftime of the Division II game between Quincy University and Bellarmine University, a halftime promotion resulted in a Bellarmine student winning a cruise.
Casey Saulman won a trip to the Caribbean after successfully completing the layup, free throw, 3-point, half court shot promotion.
“I just looked over to the sideline and people were saying I won,” Saulman told WAVE-TV afterwards. “I just thought of the Caribbean trip and started running and screaming and heard all the fans and it was crazy!”
This is a stable in plenty of high school, college, professional halftime entertainment rotations (maybe not the Caribbean part) and I can honestly say I’ve never seen this done before.
It only took him five shots to complete it – missing a free throw that bounced right back to him – and nailed the 3-pointer and half court shot consecutively.
Bellarmine won 65-50.
FYI – the layup won him breadsticks and the three won him pizza, according to WAVE.
(Photo courtesy of the Bellarmine University Athletics Facebook page)
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0