Jan 11, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Last Thursday, during halftime of the Division II game between Quincy University and Bellarmine University, a halftime promotion resulted in a Bellarmine student winning a cruise.
Casey Saulman won a trip to the Caribbean after successfully completing the layup, free throw, 3-point, half court shot promotion.
“I just looked over to the sideline and people were saying I won,” Saulman told WAVE-TV afterwards. “I just thought of the Caribbean trip and started running and screaming and heard all the fans and it was crazy!”
This is a stable in plenty of high school, college, professional halftime entertainment rotations (maybe not the Caribbean part) and I can honestly say I’ve never seen this done before.
It only took him five shots to complete it – missing a free throw that bounced right back to him – and nailed the 3-pointer and half court shot consecutively.
Bellarmine won 65-50.
FYI – the layup won him breadsticks and the three won him pizza, according to WAVE.
(Photo courtesy of the Bellarmine University Athletics Facebook page)
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)