Jan 11, 2013, 8:08 PM EDT
Last Thursday, during halftime of the Division II game between Quincy University and Bellarmine University, a halftime promotion resulted in a Bellarmine student winning a cruise.
Casey Saulman won a trip to the Caribbean after successfully completing the layup, free throw, 3-point, half court shot promotion.
“I just looked over to the sideline and people were saying I won,” Saulman told WAVE-TV afterwards. “I just thought of the Caribbean trip and started running and screaming and heard all the fans and it was crazy!”
This is a stable in plenty of high school, college, professional halftime entertainment rotations (maybe not the Caribbean part) and I can honestly say I’ve never seen this done before.
It only took him five shots to complete it – missing a free throw that bounced right back to him – and nailed the 3-pointer and half court shot consecutively.
Bellarmine won 65-50.
FYI – the layup won him breadsticks and the three won him pizza, according to WAVE.
(Photo courtesy of the Bellarmine University Athletics Facebook page)
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)