Jan 11, 2013, 10:52 PM EST
At this point, John Calipari is just rubbing it all of our faces.
Kentucky isn’t even finished with it’s 2013 recruiting class, with the nation’s top player Andrew Wiggins, as well top 10 forward Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon still considering Lexington as a possible destination. But now Big Blue Nation is working on the Class of 2014.
Karl Towns, has already reclassified and committed to Kentucky. This weekend Kentucky is playing host to the nation’s top junior point guard, Apple Valley High’s (Mn.) Tyus Jones.
Jones tweeted on Friday night that he was on unofficial visit to Kentucky. He will be in attendance for the Wildcats’ SEC home opener against Texas A & M.
The 6-foot-1 point guard has a list of seven other schools besides UK. Minnesota, Baylor, Duke, North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Kansas are all in contention for the Apple Valley native.
“He’s that sort of player that’s getting in the lane a lot and knocks down the open shot,” Apple Valley coach Zach Goring told Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader Wednesday. “They control the game. They’re not super explosive or high flyers. They’re just solid and make good decisions. That’s along the lines of Tyus, certainly.
“His basketball IQ is through the roof.”
Goring also said his star point guard rarely discusses his recruitment.
Calipari has already landed a commitment from the top point guard in the Class of 2013, Andrew Harrison – as well as his twin brother Aaron and three other top 20 recruits according to Rivals.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 5
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 34
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 6
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 1
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 2
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (34)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)