Jan 11, 2013, 10:52 PM EDT
At this point, John Calipari is just rubbing it all of our faces.
Kentucky isn’t even finished with it’s 2013 recruiting class, with the nation’s top player Andrew Wiggins, as well top 10 forward Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon still considering Lexington as a possible destination. But now Big Blue Nation is working on the Class of 2014.
Karl Towns, has already reclassified and committed to Kentucky. This weekend Kentucky is playing host to the nation’s top junior point guard, Apple Valley High’s (Mn.) Tyus Jones.
Jones tweeted on Friday night that he was on unofficial visit to Kentucky. He will be in attendance for the Wildcats’ SEC home opener against Texas A & M.
The 6-foot-1 point guard has a list of seven other schools besides UK. Minnesota, Baylor, Duke, North Carolina, Ohio State, Michigan State, and Kansas are all in contention for the Apple Valley native.
“He’s that sort of player that’s getting in the lane a lot and knocks down the open shot,” Apple Valley coach Zach Goring told Ben Roberts of the Herald-Leader Wednesday. “They control the game. They’re not super explosive or high flyers. They’re just solid and make good decisions. That’s along the lines of Tyus, certainly.
“His basketball IQ is through the roof.”
Goring also said his star point guard rarely discusses his recruitment.
Calipari has already landed a commitment from the top point guard in the Class of 2013, Andrew Harrison – as well as his twin brother Aaron and three other top 20 recruits according to Rivals.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)