Jan 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Georgetown forward Greg Whittington will not suit up for the Hoyas Saturday against St. John’s after violating team rules, Liz Clarke of the Washington Post is reporting.
Through 13 games, Whittington has been averaging 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. His absence will not help the already struggling Georgetown offense, which mustered just 45 points in a loss to Pittsburgh on Tuesday.
Without him, more of the burden offensively will be placed on sophomore Otto Porter, the team’s leading scorer with 12.8 points per game, and junior Markel Starks, who is averaging 11.2 points per game.
The Hoyas face a St. John’s team Saturday that leads the nation in blocks as a team and also features freshman Chris Obekpa, who is tied for the nation’s lead in blocks per game (5.1).
Georgetown tips off at Madison Square Garden at 11 a.m. ET.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)