Jan 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Georgetown forward Greg Whittington will not suit up for the Hoyas Saturday against St. John’s after violating team rules, Liz Clarke of the Washington Post is reporting.
Through 13 games, Whittington has been averaging 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. His absence will not help the already struggling Georgetown offense, which mustered just 45 points in a loss to Pittsburgh on Tuesday.
Without him, more of the burden offensively will be placed on sophomore Otto Porter, the team’s leading scorer with 12.8 points per game, and junior Markel Starks, who is averaging 11.2 points per game.
The Hoyas face a St. John’s team Saturday that leads the nation in blocks as a team and also features freshman Chris Obekpa, who is tied for the nation’s lead in blocks per game (5.1).
Georgetown tips off at Madison Square Garden at 11 a.m. ET.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 12
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims