Jan 12, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Georgetown forward Greg Whittington will not suit up for the Hoyas Saturday against St. John’s after violating team rules, Liz Clarke of the Washington Post is reporting.
Through 13 games, Whittington has been averaging 12.1 points and 7.0 rebounds per game. His absence will not help the already struggling Georgetown offense, which mustered just 45 points in a loss to Pittsburgh on Tuesday.
Without him, more of the burden offensively will be placed on sophomore Otto Porter, the team’s leading scorer with 12.8 points per game, and junior Markel Starks, who is averaging 11.2 points per game.
The Hoyas face a St. John’s team Saturday that leads the nation in blocks as a team and also features freshman Chris Obekpa, who is tied for the nation’s lead in blocks per game (5.1).
Georgetown tips off at Madison Square Garden at 11 a.m. ET.
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)