Jan 12, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
NC State picked up a big win over No. 1 Duke today, handing the short-handed Blue Devils their first loss of the season and, in the process, picking up a win that could end up paying massive dividends in March. You don’t think a win over a top five team will look good on a resume? And you don’t think that the Wolfpack wanted to start on the inside track for the ACC title race?
No matter how you slice it, this was a massive win for the Wolfpack even if Ryan Kelly was sidelined.
That’s why NC State fans stormed the floor.
It was a pretty impressive effort, as you can see based on this video from Ryan Fagan, who was sitting courtside:
What you don’t see in that video? A touching moment turning into a potentially scary one.
Watching on TV, you could see one NC State fan pushing a friend in a wheelchair as he led the charge onto the floor. But once they reached the center of the court, it looks like the kid in the wheel chair gets knocked over:
Luckily, CJ Leslie was there to save the day:
Best part about wheelchair dude at the State game? Apparently CJ Leslie picked him up and carried him out of harm's way.—
Will Brinson (@willbrinson) January 12, 2013
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)