Jan 12, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
NC State picked up a big win over No. 1 Duke today, handing the short-handed Blue Devils their first loss of the season and, in the process, picking up a win that could end up paying massive dividends in March. You don’t think a win over a top five team will look good on a resume? And you don’t think that the Wolfpack wanted to start on the inside track for the ACC title race?
No matter how you slice it, this was a massive win for the Wolfpack even if Ryan Kelly was sidelined.
That’s why NC State fans stormed the floor.
It was a pretty impressive effort, as you can see based on this video from Ryan Fagan, who was sitting courtside:
What you don’t see in that video? A touching moment turning into a potentially scary one.
Watching on TV, you could see one NC State fan pushing a friend in a wheelchair as he led the charge onto the floor. But once they reached the center of the court, it looks like the kid in the wheel chair gets knocked over:
Luckily, CJ Leslie was there to save the day:
Best part about wheelchair dude at the State game? Apparently CJ Leslie picked him up and carried him out of harm's way.—
Will Brinson (@willbrinson) January 12, 2013
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)