Jan 12, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
NC State picked up a big win over No. 1 Duke today, handing the short-handed Blue Devils their first loss of the season and, in the process, picking up a win that could end up paying massive dividends in March. You don’t think a win over a top five team will look good on a resume? And you don’t think that the Wolfpack wanted to start on the inside track for the ACC title race?
No matter how you slice it, this was a massive win for the Wolfpack even if Ryan Kelly was sidelined.
That’s why NC State fans stormed the floor.
It was a pretty impressive effort, as you can see based on this video from Ryan Fagan, who was sitting courtside:
What you don’t see in that video? A touching moment turning into a potentially scary one.
Watching on TV, you could see one NC State fan pushing a friend in a wheelchair as he led the charge onto the floor. But once they reached the center of the court, it looks like the kid in the wheel chair gets knocked over:
Luckily, CJ Leslie was there to save the day:
Best part about wheelchair dude at the State game? Apparently CJ Leslie picked him up and carried him out of harm's way.—
Will Brinson (@willbrinson) January 12, 2013
- Report: Rutgers AD inflicted “mental cruelty” in her own coaching days 0
- Next college hoops season will begin and end in Texas 0
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 5
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (5)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (4)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?