Jan 12, 2013, 3:36 PM EDT
NC State picked up a big win over No. 1 Duke today, handing the short-handed Blue Devils their first loss of the season and, in the process, picking up a win that could end up paying massive dividends in March. You don’t think a win over a top five team will look good on a resume? And you don’t think that the Wolfpack wanted to start on the inside track for the ACC title race?
No matter how you slice it, this was a massive win for the Wolfpack even if Ryan Kelly was sidelined.
That’s why NC State fans stormed the floor.
It was a pretty impressive effort, as you can see based on this video from Ryan Fagan, who was sitting courtside:
What you don’t see in that video? A touching moment turning into a potentially scary one.
Watching on TV, you could see one NC State fan pushing a friend in a wheelchair as he led the charge onto the floor. But once they reached the center of the court, it looks like the kid in the wheel chair gets knocked over:
Luckily, CJ Leslie was there to save the day:
Best part about wheelchair dude at the State game? Apparently CJ Leslie picked him up and carried him out of harm's way.—
Will Brinson (@willbrinson) January 12, 2013
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)