Jan 12, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
NC State picked up a big win over No. 1 Duke today, handing the short-handed Blue Devils their first loss of the season and, in the process, picking up a win that could end up paying massive dividends in March. You don’t think a win over a top five team will look good on a resume? And you don’t think that the Wolfpack wanted to start on the inside track for the ACC title race?
No matter how you slice it, this was a massive win for the Wolfpack even if Ryan Kelly was sidelined.
That’s why NC State fans stormed the floor.
It was a pretty impressive effort, as you can see based on this video from Ryan Fagan, who was sitting courtside:
What you don’t see in that video? A touching moment turning into a potentially scary one.
Watching on TV, you could see one NC State fan pushing a friend in a wheelchair as he led the charge onto the floor. But once they reached the center of the court, it looks like the kid in the wheel chair gets knocked over:
Luckily, CJ Leslie was there to save the day:
Best part about wheelchair dude at the State game? Apparently CJ Leslie picked him up and carried him out of harm's way.—
Will Brinson (@willbrinson) January 12, 2013
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)