Jan 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
Providence won’t get many big opportunities to secure a Big East win on the road this season. They got one Sunday against Seton Hall and they capitalized.
Bryce Cotton scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Providence cruised past Seton Hall, 67-55, at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Friars were dominant on the glass Sunday, grabbing 19 of their 37 total rebounds on the offensive end, which translated into second-chance opportunities and second-chance points.
LaDonatae Henton had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead the attack on the boards.
For Seton Hall, Fuquan Edwin led the way with 17 points. But, there was a piece of bad news for the Pirates, as coach Kevin Willard announced after the game that guard Brandon Mobley has dislocated his shoulder and will undergo an MRI tomorrow, as reported by Jerry Carino.
Providence improves to 9-7 overall and gets its first Big East win with the victory over Seton Hall, but the road gets no easier. Ed Cooley’s team meets No. 19 Georgetown on Jan. 16, a team that seemed to find its offensive stride again in a win over St. John’s on Saturday.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)