Jan 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Providence won’t get many big opportunities to secure a Big East win on the road this season. They got one Sunday against Seton Hall and they capitalized.
Bryce Cotton scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Providence cruised past Seton Hall, 67-55, at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Friars were dominant on the glass Sunday, grabbing 19 of their 37 total rebounds on the offensive end, which translated into second-chance opportunities and second-chance points.
LaDonatae Henton had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead the attack on the boards.
For Seton Hall, Fuquan Edwin led the way with 17 points. But, there was a piece of bad news for the Pirates, as coach Kevin Willard announced after the game that guard Brandon Mobley has dislocated his shoulder and will undergo an MRI tomorrow, as reported by Jerry Carino.
Providence improves to 9-7 overall and gets its first Big East win with the victory over Seton Hall, but the road gets no easier. Ed Cooley’s team meets No. 19 Georgetown on Jan. 16, a team that seemed to find its offensive stride again in a win over St. John’s on Saturday.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)