Jan 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Providence won’t get many big opportunities to secure a Big East win on the road this season. They got one Sunday against Seton Hall and they capitalized.
Bryce Cotton scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Providence cruised past Seton Hall, 67-55, at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Friars were dominant on the glass Sunday, grabbing 19 of their 37 total rebounds on the offensive end, which translated into second-chance opportunities and second-chance points.
LaDonatae Henton had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead the attack on the boards.
For Seton Hall, Fuquan Edwin led the way with 17 points. But, there was a piece of bad news for the Pirates, as coach Kevin Willard announced after the game that guard Brandon Mobley has dislocated his shoulder and will undergo an MRI tomorrow, as reported by Jerry Carino.
Providence improves to 9-7 overall and gets its first Big East win with the victory over Seton Hall, but the road gets no easier. Ed Cooley’s team meets No. 19 Georgetown on Jan. 16, a team that seemed to find its offensive stride again in a win over St. John’s on Saturday.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)