Jan 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
Providence won’t get many big opportunities to secure a Big East win on the road this season. They got one Sunday against Seton Hall and they capitalized.
Bryce Cotton scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Providence cruised past Seton Hall, 67-55, at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Friars were dominant on the glass Sunday, grabbing 19 of their 37 total rebounds on the offensive end, which translated into second-chance opportunities and second-chance points.
LaDonatae Henton had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead the attack on the boards.
For Seton Hall, Fuquan Edwin led the way with 17 points. But, there was a piece of bad news for the Pirates, as coach Kevin Willard announced after the game that guard Brandon Mobley has dislocated his shoulder and will undergo an MRI tomorrow, as reported by Jerry Carino.
Providence improves to 9-7 overall and gets its first Big East win with the victory over Seton Hall, but the road gets no easier. Ed Cooley’s team meets No. 19 Georgetown on Jan. 16, a team that seemed to find its offensive stride again in a win over St. John’s on Saturday.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (5)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)