Jan 13, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Providence won’t get many big opportunities to secure a Big East win on the road this season. They got one Sunday against Seton Hall and they capitalized.
Bryce Cotton scored 23 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Providence cruised past Seton Hall, 67-55, at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.
The Friars were dominant on the glass Sunday, grabbing 19 of their 37 total rebounds on the offensive end, which translated into second-chance opportunities and second-chance points.
LaDonatae Henton had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds to lead the attack on the boards.
For Seton Hall, Fuquan Edwin led the way with 17 points. But, there was a piece of bad news for the Pirates, as coach Kevin Willard announced after the game that guard Brandon Mobley has dislocated his shoulder and will undergo an MRI tomorrow, as reported by Jerry Carino.
Providence improves to 9-7 overall and gets its first Big East win with the victory over Seton Hall, but the road gets no easier. Ed Cooley’s team meets No. 19 Georgetown on Jan. 16, a team that seemed to find its offensive stride again in a win over St. John’s on Saturday.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)