Jan 13, 2013, 7:57 PM EST
Entering Sunday’s game at Northwestern with an 0-3 Big Ten record it was rather evident that the Iowa Hawkeyes needed a victory.
And win they did, as Devyn Marble made his return to the lineup after missing the loss to Michigan State with an ankle injury and Aaron White scored 17 points to lead Iowa to the 70-50 win.
In a game that lacked much in the way of suspense in the second half there was one moment that stuck out, and it involved White, head coach Fran McCaffery and the shoe of Northwestern guard Alex Marcotullio.
With the Hawkeyes leading 51-37 Marcotullio lost his shoe while defending Marble, and instead of simply allowing the wayward shoe to remain on the court and become a possible injury risk White picked it up and tossed it off the court.
Iowa, who is off until Wisconsin visits Iowa City on Saturday, picked up two things in Evanston today: a much-needed victory and a good laugh.
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)