Jan 13, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
Entering Sunday’s game at Northwestern with an 0-3 Big Ten record it was rather evident that the Iowa Hawkeyes needed a victory.
And win they did, as Devyn Marble made his return to the lineup after missing the loss to Michigan State with an ankle injury and Aaron White scored 17 points to lead Iowa to the 70-50 win.
In a game that lacked much in the way of suspense in the second half there was one moment that stuck out, and it involved White, head coach Fran McCaffery and the shoe of Northwestern guard Alex Marcotullio.
With the Hawkeyes leading 51-37 Marcotullio lost his shoe while defending Marble, and instead of simply allowing the wayward shoe to remain on the court and become a possible injury risk White picked it up and tossed it off the court.
Iowa, who is off until Wisconsin visits Iowa City on Saturday, picked up two things in Evanston today: a much-needed victory and a good laugh.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 1
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)