Jan 13, 2013, 7:57 PM EDT
Entering Sunday’s game at Northwestern with an 0-3 Big Ten record it was rather evident that the Iowa Hawkeyes needed a victory.
And win they did, as Devyn Marble made his return to the lineup after missing the loss to Michigan State with an ankle injury and Aaron White scored 17 points to lead Iowa to the 70-50 win.
In a game that lacked much in the way of suspense in the second half there was one moment that stuck out, and it involved White, head coach Fran McCaffery and the shoe of Northwestern guard Alex Marcotullio.
With the Hawkeyes leading 51-37 Marcotullio lost his shoe while defending Marble, and instead of simply allowing the wayward shoe to remain on the court and become a possible injury risk White picked it up and tossed it off the court.
Iowa, who is off until Wisconsin visits Iowa City on Saturday, picked up two things in Evanston today: a much-needed victory and a good laugh.
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)