Jan 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EST
Former Michigan State guard Brandan Kearney decided to transfer from the Big Ten school last month due primarily to his desire for a larger role on the offensive end of the floor. Apparently he’s found that fit.
According to multiple reports the Detroit native will transfer to Arizona State, where he will be eligible to play at the end of the fall semester next season. Kearney played close to 17 minutes per game this season, posting averages of 2.4 points and 1.5 rebounds per game.
Kearney and Valparaiso transfer Richie Edwards, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, will have the opportunity to earn playing time next season with forward Carrick Felix and guard Chris Colvin both graduating at the end of the 2012-13 campaign.
Herb Sendek’s program also has two signees in the 2013 class: Los Angeles (Price HS) point guard Chance Murray and small forward Egor Koulechov out of the Sagemont Upper School in Weston, Florida.
Originally born in Russia, Koulechov averaged 19.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game for Israel in the U-18 European Championships in August.
According to Doug Haller of AZCentral Sports Kearney visited the Pac-12 school last week, and he will be in Tempe for the start of classes on Monday.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)