Jan 13, 2013, 9:03 PM EDT
Former Michigan State guard Brandan Kearney decided to transfer from the Big Ten school last month due primarily to his desire for a larger role on the offensive end of the floor. Apparently he’s found that fit.
According to multiple reports the Detroit native will transfer to Arizona State, where he will be eligible to play at the end of the fall semester next season. Kearney played close to 17 minutes per game this season, posting averages of 2.4 points and 1.5 rebounds per game.
Kearney and Valparaiso transfer Richie Edwards, who is sitting out this season per NCAA transfer rules, will have the opportunity to earn playing time next season with forward Carrick Felix and guard Chris Colvin both graduating at the end of the 2012-13 campaign.
Herb Sendek’s program also has two signees in the 2013 class: Los Angeles (Price HS) point guard Chance Murray and small forward Egor Koulechov out of the Sagemont Upper School in Weston, Florida.
Originally born in Russia, Koulechov averaged 19.8 points and 7.9 rebounds per game for Israel in the U-18 European Championships in August.
According to Doug Haller of AZCentral Sports Kearney visited the Pac-12 school last week, and he will be in Tempe for the start of classes on Monday.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)