Jan 13, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Delaware had a rough start to their 2012-2013 campaign.
After knocking off Virginia to advance to the quarterfinals of the Preseason NIT at Madison Square Garden, the Blue Hens collapsed. They lost a nail-biter to Kansas State and then got drubbed by Pitt in the consolation game. That led to a stretch where Monte’ Ross’s club would lose seven of their next eight games, all the while battling injuries and cramping issues and, at times, the lack of anyone capable of making a shot not named Devon Saddler.
While they took some lumps during an admittedly tough non-conference schedule, the Blue Hens didn’t role over, as evidenced by their five-game winning streak. That streak was extended on Saturday afternoon, as the Blue Hens knocked off Georgia State as Saddler hit a three at the buzzer:
Delaware moves to 3-0 in the CAA with the win, with two huge games coming up this week: they host both Towson and Northeastern.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Can Green Bay take the next step, represent the Horizon League in the Tournament? 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)