Jan 13, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Delaware had a rough start to their 2012-2013 campaign.
After knocking off Virginia to advance to the quarterfinals of the Preseason NIT at Madison Square Garden, the Blue Hens collapsed. They lost a nail-biter to Kansas State and then got drubbed by Pitt in the consolation game. That led to a stretch where Monte’ Ross’s club would lose seven of their next eight games, all the while battling injuries and cramping issues and, at times, the lack of anyone capable of making a shot not named Devon Saddler.
While they took some lumps during an admittedly tough non-conference schedule, the Blue Hens didn’t role over, as evidenced by their five-game winning streak. That streak was extended on Saturday afternoon, as the Blue Hens knocked off Georgia State as Saddler hit a three at the buzzer:
Delaware moves to 3-0 in the CAA with the win, with two huge games coming up this week: they host both Towson and Northeastern.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)