Jan 13, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Delaware had a rough start to their 2012-2013 campaign.
After knocking off Virginia to advance to the quarterfinals of the Preseason NIT at Madison Square Garden, the Blue Hens collapsed. They lost a nail-biter to Kansas State and then got drubbed by Pitt in the consolation game. That led to a stretch where Monte’ Ross’s club would lose seven of their next eight games, all the while battling injuries and cramping issues and, at times, the lack of anyone capable of making a shot not named Devon Saddler.
While they took some lumps during an admittedly tough non-conference schedule, the Blue Hens didn’t role over, as evidenced by their five-game winning streak. That streak was extended on Saturday afternoon, as the Blue Hens knocked off Georgia State as Saddler hit a three at the buzzer:
Delaware moves to 3-0 in the CAA with the win, with two huge games coming up this week: they host both Towson and Northeastern.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)