Jan 13, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Delaware had a rough start to their 2012-2013 campaign.
After knocking off Virginia to advance to the quarterfinals of the Preseason NIT at Madison Square Garden, the Blue Hens collapsed. They lost a nail-biter to Kansas State and then got drubbed by Pitt in the consolation game. That led to a stretch where Monte’ Ross’s club would lose seven of their next eight games, all the while battling injuries and cramping issues and, at times, the lack of anyone capable of making a shot not named Devon Saddler.
While they took some lumps during an admittedly tough non-conference schedule, the Blue Hens didn’t role over, as evidenced by their five-game winning streak. That streak was extended on Saturday afternoon, as the Blue Hens knocked off Georgia State as Saddler hit a three at the buzzer:
Delaware moves to 3-0 in the CAA with the win, with two huge games coming up this week: they host both Towson and Northeastern.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)