Jan 13, 2013, 6:15 PM EST
Delaware had a rough start to their 2012-2013 campaign.
After knocking off Virginia to advance to the quarterfinals of the Preseason NIT at Madison Square Garden, the Blue Hens collapsed. They lost a nail-biter to Kansas State and then got drubbed by Pitt in the consolation game. That led to a stretch where Monte’ Ross’s club would lose seven of their next eight games, all the while battling injuries and cramping issues and, at times, the lack of anyone capable of making a shot not named Devon Saddler.
While they took some lumps during an admittedly tough non-conference schedule, the Blue Hens didn’t role over, as evidenced by their five-game winning streak. That streak was extended on Saturday afternoon, as the Blue Hens knocked off Georgia State as Saddler hit a three at the buzzer:
Delaware moves to 3-0 in the CAA with the win, with two huge games coming up this week: they host both Towson and Northeastern.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)