Jan 14, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Boise State will nearly be back to full strength on Wednesday when they host New Mexico.
Last week, when the Broncos traveled to Wyoming to take on the Cowboys, they did it without four players, including their top two reserves and leading scorer Derrick Marks.
The Broncos still managed to win that game, however, and now they’ll be getting three of those four players back on the floor. Marks will return Wednesday, as will Mikey Thompson and Darrious Hamilton. Kenny Buckner will miss another two games.
The quartet was suspended for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“It was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make,” head coach Leon Rice told the Idaho Statesman after the Wyoming game, in reference to the suspensions. “We have a young team and we’re building a program, so one game is not as important as the future of our program. We don’t compromise on not doing it right.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)