Jan 14, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
Boise State will nearly be back to full strength on Wednesday when they host New Mexico.
Last week, when the Broncos traveled to Wyoming to take on the Cowboys, they did it without four players, including their top two reserves and leading scorer Derrick Marks.
The Broncos still managed to win that game, however, and now they’ll be getting three of those four players back on the floor. Marks will return Wednesday, as will Mikey Thompson and Darrious Hamilton. Kenny Buckner will miss another two games.
The quartet was suspended for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“It was one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make,” head coach Leon Rice told the Idaho Statesman after the Wyoming game, in reference to the suspensions. “We have a young team and we’re building a program, so one game is not as important as the future of our program. We don’t compromise on not doing it right.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)