Jan 14, 2013, 3:09 PM EDT
We posed the question last night: Now that there are no more undefeated teams, who will be the No. 1 team in the country?
On Monday, we got our answer: Louisville.
The Cardinals got 36 of the 65 first-place votes, climbing to No. 1 in the polls for the first time since the final poll of the 2009 season.
But if there is any indication how wide-open it is at the top this year, five teams received at least one first-place vote — No. 2 Indiana, No. 3 Duke, No. 4 Kansas and No. 5 Michigan. And it deserves mention that the next three teams in the rankings — Syracuse, Arizona and Gonzaga — all have just one loss as well.
The full top 25 can be found here.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 1
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)