Jan 14, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
By now, you’ve surely seen the video of the kid in a wheelchair storming the floor after NC State beat Duke on Saturday afternoon.
If you haven’t, here it is. Nicole Auerbach of USA Today caught up with Will Privette afterwords, and his story is pretty incredible. CJ Leslie — you know, NBA prospect CJ Leslie that scored 25 points for his hometown Wolfpack on Saturday — scooped up Privette when his chair went down.
Good on CJ for recognizing the situation. That could have been really dangerous.
How do we know? Because we now have footage from Privette’s cell phone of his court storm. It’s pretty scary:
Luckily, Privette is OK and it good spirits, which allows us to laugh at what is, frankly, an utterly ridiculous situation. (Here’s a picture of Leslie holding Privette.)
The best part?
It’s not even close to the best video to come out of Raleigh after that win. I present to you: the NC State ‘Braveheart’ speech:
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues may sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 0
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (4)