Jan 14, 2013, 11:17 AM EST
By now, you’ve surely seen the video of the kid in a wheelchair storming the floor after NC State beat Duke on Saturday afternoon.
If you haven’t, here it is. Nicole Auerbach of USA Today caught up with Will Privette afterwords, and his story is pretty incredible. CJ Leslie — you know, NBA prospect CJ Leslie that scored 25 points for his hometown Wolfpack on Saturday — scooped up Privette when his chair went down.
Good on CJ for recognizing the situation. That could have been really dangerous.
How do we know? Because we now have footage from Privette’s cell phone of his court storm. It’s pretty scary:
Luckily, Privette is OK and it good spirits, which allows us to laugh at what is, frankly, an utterly ridiculous situation. (Here’s a picture of Leslie holding Privette.)
The best part?
It’s not even close to the best video to come out of Raleigh after that win. I present to you: the NC State ‘Braveheart’ speech:
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 0
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 0
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)