Jan 14, 2013, 11:17 AM EDT
By now, you’ve surely seen the video of the kid in a wheelchair storming the floor after NC State beat Duke on Saturday afternoon.
If you haven’t, here it is. Nicole Auerbach of USA Today caught up with Will Privette afterwords, and his story is pretty incredible. CJ Leslie — you know, NBA prospect CJ Leslie that scored 25 points for his hometown Wolfpack on Saturday — scooped up Privette when his chair went down.
Good on CJ for recognizing the situation. That could have been really dangerous.
How do we know? Because we now have footage from Privette’s cell phone of his court storm. It’s pretty scary:
Luckily, Privette is OK and it good spirits, which allows us to laugh at what is, frankly, an utterly ridiculous situation. (Here’s a picture of Leslie holding Privette.)
The best part?
It’s not even close to the best video to come out of Raleigh after that win. I present to you: the NC State ‘Braveheart’ speech:
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)