Jan 15, 2013, 12:07 AM EDT
No. 4 Kansas looked every bit like the No. 4 team in the country on Monday night.
Their defense held Baylor to — get this — 23.2% shooting from the floor in a 61-44 win, getting 17 points and eight boards from star freshman Ben McLemore who continued his all-american caliber season. There’s a reason that McLemore’s name is popping up as the potential No. 1 pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
But unfortunately, while McLemore was the story of the nightcap of the first Big Monday of the season had nothing to do with how well he played.
Towards the end of the game, McLemore drove middle and came to a jump-stop, rolling his right ankle as he landed awkwardly. It didn’t go all the way over, but McLemore was on the ground for a couple of minutes in a great deal of pain. He eventually walked off the court, but did so with a serious limp.
The extent of the injury is unknown as of now, but Self did have some interesting comments on the postgame radio show:
Self says on radio interview McLemore has a sprained ankle. Should be OK. McLemore says he heard a pop.—
CJ Moore (@cjmoore4) January 15, 2013
Losing McLemore for any extended period of time would be disastrous for the Jayhawks. He’s unquestionably their best scorer and go-to guy. Even with McLemore, Kansas has had some offensive issues over the last couple of games.
The good news? It looks like he’ll be back in two-or-three days.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
Sep 2, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
The American has some talented teams entering the 2015-16 race.
Sep 2, 2015, 12:00 PM EDT
Randy Kennedy returns in a new season ticket ad for Ole Miss.
Sep 2, 2015, 11:00 AM EDT
Jalen Rose isn’t done telling the story of the Fab Five. A new book is reportedly coming.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
Siyani Chambers is leaving Harvard for the year after a torn ACL.
Sep 2, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
T.J. Leaf is a hot name on the recruiting trail after decommitting from Arizona.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:45 PM EDT
Bryce Alford is UCLA’s top returning scorer.
Sep 1, 2015, 8:42 PM EDT
Denzel Valentine will be in contention for Big Ten Player of the Year this season.
Sep 1, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
Malik Monk is rated as the sixth-best player in 2016.
Sep 1, 2015, 6:33 PM EDT
Duke gets another five-star recruit.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:18 PM EDT
UConn landed its second four-star recruit in the Class of 2016.
Sep 1, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
The GW senior finished with 19 points.
Sep 1, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Jayce Johnson is focusing on five schools as he’s set four official visits.
Sep 1, 2015, 2:00 PM EDT
Georgetown has some very intriguing games on the non-conference slate.
Sep 1, 2015, 12:45 PM EDT
Arkansas won’t be getting a boost from the four-star big man.
Sep 1, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Pitt bolsters its backcourt with the late addition of a junior college guard.
Sep 1, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Conference realignment is still happening at the lower levels as Coastal Carolina makes a move to the Sun Belt.
Sep 1, 2015, 9:05 AM EDT
Shamorie Ponds is one of the best bucket-getting guards in the 2016 class.
Aug 31, 2015, 11:15 PM EDT
Malik Monk is rated No. 6 overall in the Class of 2016 by Rivals.
Aug 31, 2015, 9:44 PM EDT
It’s the second commit in as many nights for the Cyclones.
Aug 31, 2015, 7:45 PM EDT
Javion Ogunyemi averaged 9.3 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in 2014-15.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 1
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)