Jan 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Is there a team battling more injury issues right now than Florida?
Erik Murphy has a broken rib, missed the Yale game and came off the bench against Georgia. Scottie Wilbekin has a broken finger, but hasn’t missed any time because of it. Mike Rosario sat out Saturday’s matchup with LSU with a sprained ankle, but should be making his way back into the lineup this week. Will Yeguete has tendonitis in his knee and is getting further tests to see if there is more damage.
And now Casey Prather joins that list.
The junior swingman suffered a high ankle sprain in Saturday’s win over LSU and will be out for 10-14 days as a result. Making matters all the more frustrating is that Prather had finally gotten himself healthy and into a rhythm. He started the season off slowly, due to a concussion and a busted lip he suffered against Central Florida in November. But he had averaged 9.5 points and 6.5 boards in 23.5 minutes against Yale and Georgia before getting hurt.
“Can’t get out of the way, right?” coach Billy Donovan said. “He started the year with the concussions and it took him a while to get in the flow and then, you know, he’s been playing really good basketball. … So it’s unfortunate that he’s had to deal with some different things throughout the course of his career. But thank God it’s not a severe high-ankle sprain where you’re out for a month to six weeks. It’s something hopefully he can get back.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 0
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)