Jan 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Is there a team battling more injury issues right now than Florida?
Erik Murphy has a broken rib, missed the Yale game and came off the bench against Georgia. Scottie Wilbekin has a broken finger, but hasn’t missed any time because of it. Mike Rosario sat out Saturday’s matchup with LSU with a sprained ankle, but should be making his way back into the lineup this week. Will Yeguete has tendonitis in his knee and is getting further tests to see if there is more damage.
And now Casey Prather joins that list.
The junior swingman suffered a high ankle sprain in Saturday’s win over LSU and will be out for 10-14 days as a result. Making matters all the more frustrating is that Prather had finally gotten himself healthy and into a rhythm. He started the season off slowly, due to a concussion and a busted lip he suffered against Central Florida in November. But he had averaged 9.5 points and 6.5 boards in 23.5 minutes against Yale and Georgia before getting hurt.
“Can’t get out of the way, right?” coach Billy Donovan said. “He started the year with the concussions and it took him a while to get in the flow and then, you know, he’s been playing really good basketball. … So it’s unfortunate that he’s had to deal with some different things throughout the course of his career. But thank God it’s not a severe high-ankle sprain where you’re out for a month to six weeks. It’s something hopefully he can get back.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)