Jan 15, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
Is there a team battling more injury issues right now than Florida?
Erik Murphy has a broken rib, missed the Yale game and came off the bench against Georgia. Scottie Wilbekin has a broken finger, but hasn’t missed any time because of it. Mike Rosario sat out Saturday’s matchup with LSU with a sprained ankle, but should be making his way back into the lineup this week. Will Yeguete has tendonitis in his knee and is getting further tests to see if there is more damage.
And now Casey Prather joins that list.
The junior swingman suffered a high ankle sprain in Saturday’s win over LSU and will be out for 10-14 days as a result. Making matters all the more frustrating is that Prather had finally gotten himself healthy and into a rhythm. He started the season off slowly, due to a concussion and a busted lip he suffered against Central Florida in November. But he had averaged 9.5 points and 6.5 boards in 23.5 minutes against Yale and Georgia before getting hurt.
“Can’t get out of the way, right?” coach Billy Donovan said. “He started the year with the concussions and it took him a while to get in the flow and then, you know, he’s been playing really good basketball. … So it’s unfortunate that he’s had to deal with some different things throughout the course of his career. But thank God it’s not a severe high-ankle sprain where you’re out for a month to six weeks. It’s something hopefully he can get back.”
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EDT
DeAndre Ayton finally got a chance to play this spring and delivered in a big way.
May 26, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Point guard CJ Walker is focused on seven schools during the recruiting process.
May 26, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Four-star guard Maverick Rowan has a choice to make for his basketball future in the immediate future.
May 26, 2015, 6:15 PM EDT
Minnesota closed out its 2015 recruiting efforts with its second incoming transfer of the offseason.
May 26, 2015, 4:45 PM EDT
The spring grassroots season is over and another spring EYBL season is complete.
May 26, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
The schedule isn’t out yet, but each team now knows who they will play and where they will play them.
May 26, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
RaShid Gaston averaged 15.5 points and 9.6 boards.
May 26, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Shaqquan Aaron could never crack Rick Pitino’s rotation.
May 26, 2015, 12:42 PM EDT
The only people that would punish are the people that had nothing to do with the violations in the first place.
May 26, 2015, 10:54 AM EDT
Collins has Northwestern trending in the right direction.
May 26, 2015, 9:36 AM EDT
It pays to be able to recruit the way they do.
Austin Rivers plays pick-up against LSU freshman Antonio Blakeney, Rutgers freshman Corey Sanders (VIDEO)
May 25, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Austin Rivers played against some exciting rising freshmen in Antonio Blakeney and Corey Sanders.
May 25, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
Conference USA Freshman of the Year winner Torin Dorn is focusing on four schools.
May 25, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT
Auburn is losing a reserve forward.
May 25, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Jamal Murray is one of the major pieces still in question for the 2015-16 college basketball season.
May 25, 2015, 3:23 PM EDT
This is actually kind of creepy.
May 25, 2015, 1:49 PM EDT
This seems risky.
May 25, 2015, 11:48 AM EDT
Bridges is considering hometown schools as well as a pair of blue-bloods.
May 25, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
Will Maker ever make it to college?
May 24, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT
Arizona State’s “Curtain of Distraction” made an appearance as well.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (24)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)