Jan 15, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Luke Martinez, the Wyoming forward that was suspended for his involvement in a bar fight that resulted in a broken hand, was arraigned today.
He was charged with aggravated assault and battery, and the details of the brawl were also made public.
Martinez was at a bar with teammates Derek Cooke and Nathan Sobley. According to a witness, a man took a swing at Martinez and missed. Cooke, in an effort to protect his teammate, punched the man in the temple, knocking him out cold. 15-20 seconds later, Martinez got a running start and kicked the man in the head when he was on the ground. According to the victim’s brother, he had multiple fractures in his jaw as a result and needed his jaw wired shut.
Martinez admitted to recklessly and knowingly causing serious injury to the victim.
That suspension Martinez is currently dealing with? It may last a while. In fact, I’m not sure he will be allowed to return to the school. I’m not going to pretend to know why the fight took place, but Martinez better have a really, really good reason for kicking a man laying in the street in the head.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1