Jan 15, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
Luke Martinez, the Wyoming forward that was suspended for his involvement in a bar fight that resulted in a broken hand, was arraigned today.
He was charged with aggravated assault and battery, and the details of the brawl were also made public.
Martinez was at a bar with teammates Derek Cooke and Nathan Sobley. According to a witness, a man took a swing at Martinez and missed. Cooke, in an effort to protect his teammate, punched the man in the temple, knocking him out cold. 15-20 seconds later, Martinez got a running start and kicked the man in the head when he was on the ground. According to the victim’s brother, he had multiple fractures in his jaw as a result and needed his jaw wired shut.
Martinez admitted to recklessly and knowingly causing serious injury to the victim.
That suspension Martinez is currently dealing with? It may last a while. In fact, I’m not sure he will be allowed to return to the school. I’m not going to pretend to know why the fight took place, but Martinez better have a really, really good reason for kicking a man laying in the street in the head.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)