Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Big news coming out of Fargo, ND, as it was announced that Taylor Braun will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot on Saturday.
Don’t know who Taylor Braun is?
Well, he’s the leading scorer for the North Dakota State basketball team, who just so happens to be tied with Western Illinois in first place in the Summit League at 6-0. Braun averages 15.5 points while shooting 47.7% from beyond the arc. Nate Wolters may be the guy that everyone talks about from the Summit League, but Braun is the best player on a team that is currently sitting two games in front of Wolters’ South Dakota State team.
And this injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. On Saturday, the Bison will visit Western Illinois. Next Saturday, they’ll visit the Jackrabbits for a rematch after they out-dueled Wolters and company in the conference opener. If everything goes well, he should be back in the lineup when NDSU hosts Western Illinois on Valentine’s Day.
There’s more. On Thursday, South Dakota State visits Western Illinois.
All of a sudden, the Leathernecks have a chance to take complete control of the Summit League race. All they need to do is protect their home court.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)