Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Big news coming out of Fargo, ND, as it was announced that Taylor Braun will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot on Saturday.
Don’t know who Taylor Braun is?
Well, he’s the leading scorer for the North Dakota State basketball team, who just so happens to be tied with Western Illinois in first place in the Summit League at 6-0. Braun averages 15.5 points while shooting 47.7% from beyond the arc. Nate Wolters may be the guy that everyone talks about from the Summit League, but Braun is the best player on a team that is currently sitting two games in front of Wolters’ South Dakota State team.
And this injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. On Saturday, the Bison will visit Western Illinois. Next Saturday, they’ll visit the Jackrabbits for a rematch after they out-dueled Wolters and company in the conference opener. If everything goes well, he should be back in the lineup when NDSU hosts Western Illinois on Valentine’s Day.
There’s more. On Thursday, South Dakota State visits Western Illinois.
All of a sudden, the Leathernecks have a chance to take complete control of the Summit League race. All they need to do is protect their home court.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'