Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Big news coming out of Fargo, ND, as it was announced that Taylor Braun will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot on Saturday.
Don’t know who Taylor Braun is?
Well, he’s the leading scorer for the North Dakota State basketball team, who just so happens to be tied with Western Illinois in first place in the Summit League at 6-0. Braun averages 15.5 points while shooting 47.7% from beyond the arc. Nate Wolters may be the guy that everyone talks about from the Summit League, but Braun is the best player on a team that is currently sitting two games in front of Wolters’ South Dakota State team.
And this injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. On Saturday, the Bison will visit Western Illinois. Next Saturday, they’ll visit the Jackrabbits for a rematch after they out-dueled Wolters and company in the conference opener. If everything goes well, he should be back in the lineup when NDSU hosts Western Illinois on Valentine’s Day.
There’s more. On Thursday, South Dakota State visits Western Illinois.
All of a sudden, the Leathernecks have a chance to take complete control of the Summit League race. All they need to do is protect their home court.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 1
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)