Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Big news coming out of Fargo, ND, as it was announced that Taylor Braun will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot on Saturday.
Don’t know who Taylor Braun is?
Well, he’s the leading scorer for the North Dakota State basketball team, who just so happens to be tied with Western Illinois in first place in the Summit League at 6-0. Braun averages 15.5 points while shooting 47.7% from beyond the arc. Nate Wolters may be the guy that everyone talks about from the Summit League, but Braun is the best player on a team that is currently sitting two games in front of Wolters’ South Dakota State team.
And this injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. On Saturday, the Bison will visit Western Illinois. Next Saturday, they’ll visit the Jackrabbits for a rematch after they out-dueled Wolters and company in the conference opener. If everything goes well, he should be back in the lineup when NDSU hosts Western Illinois on Valentine’s Day.
There’s more. On Thursday, South Dakota State visits Western Illinois.
All of a sudden, the Leathernecks have a chance to take complete control of the Summit League race. All they need to do is protect their home court.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 26
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)