Jan 15, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Big news coming out of Fargo, ND, as it was announced that Taylor Braun will miss 4-6 weeks after breaking a bone in his right foot on Saturday.
Don’t know who Taylor Braun is?
Well, he’s the leading scorer for the North Dakota State basketball team, who just so happens to be tied with Western Illinois in first place in the Summit League at 6-0. Braun averages 15.5 points while shooting 47.7% from beyond the arc. Nate Wolters may be the guy that everyone talks about from the Summit League, but Braun is the best player on a team that is currently sitting two games in front of Wolters’ South Dakota State team.
And this injury couldn’t have come at a worse time. On Saturday, the Bison will visit Western Illinois. Next Saturday, they’ll visit the Jackrabbits for a rematch after they out-dueled Wolters and company in the conference opener. If everything goes well, he should be back in the lineup when NDSU hosts Western Illinois on Valentine’s Day.
There’s more. On Thursday, South Dakota State visits Western Illinois.
All of a sudden, the Leathernecks have a chance to take complete control of the Summit League race. All they need to do is protect their home court.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)