Jan 15, 2013, 2:24 PM EST
UMass suffered a massive blow over the weekend when Jesse Morgan injured his knee against St. Louis on Saturday evening.
The junior guard drove to his right and came to a jump stop, but when he did, his right knee buckled. It looked really bad when it happened, but the initial reports that came back said that Morgan had simply sprained the knee. Not so. On Tuesday, the worst fears were confirmed:
Jesse Morgan has a torn ACL—
Matt Vautour (@GazetteUMass) January 15, 2013
Morgan was the second-leading scorer for the Minutemen, who had hopes of finishing in the top four in the Atlantic 10 this season. He will undergo surgery next month and, obviously, miss the rest of this season.
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- Kansas lost, but Jayhawk fans should be happy after the Colorado game 2
- Colorado needs game-winner to serve as a catalyst for Askia Booker (VIDEO) 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings (2)