Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
My day has officially been made.
Just hours after USC announced on their website the decision to fire head coach Kevin O’Neill, they made another posting: on the USC jobs site, the university announced that they were accepting applicants for the head coaching position of the Men’s Basketball team.
Seriously. Nothing’s listed for minimum qualifications, although I would assume that prior head coaching experience, or at least a decade’s worth of assistant coaching experience at the high-major level, would be required.
Also, there are no skills required, but I would hazard a guess that the ability to recruit the best players in Southern California (ahem, Kevin O’Neill) while staying off the NCAA’s radar (looking at you, Tim Floyd) are a must. Actual coaching acumen, the ability to win games and respectability in the community would all probably be a bonus, but if Lane Kiffin has proven anything, that’s negotiable.
As is the salary.
You better believe I applied. A cool $1 million a year is all it would take to pry me away from NBC.
(Thanks, Kevin Pelton)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)
- Throwback Thursday: When we realized Russell Westbrook was a freak (VIDEO) (1)