Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
My day has officially been made.
Just hours after USC announced on their website the decision to fire head coach Kevin O’Neill, they made another posting: on the USC jobs site, the university announced that they were accepting applicants for the head coaching position of the Men’s Basketball team.
Seriously. Nothing’s listed for minimum qualifications, although I would assume that prior head coaching experience, or at least a decade’s worth of assistant coaching experience at the high-major level, would be required.
Also, there are no skills required, but I would hazard a guess that the ability to recruit the best players in Southern California (ahem, Kevin O’Neill) while staying off the NCAA’s radar (looking at you, Tim Floyd) are a must. Actual coaching acumen, the ability to win games and respectability in the community would all probably be a bonus, but if Lane Kiffin has proven anything, that’s negotiable.
As is the salary.
You better believe I applied. A cool $1 million a year is all it would take to pry me away from NBC.
(Thanks, Kevin Pelton)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)