Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
My day has officially been made.
Just hours after USC announced on their website the decision to fire head coach Kevin O’Neill, they made another posting: on the USC jobs site, the university announced that they were accepting applicants for the head coaching position of the Men’s Basketball team.
Seriously. Nothing’s listed for minimum qualifications, although I would assume that prior head coaching experience, or at least a decade’s worth of assistant coaching experience at the high-major level, would be required.
Also, there are no skills required, but I would hazard a guess that the ability to recruit the best players in Southern California (ahem, Kevin O’Neill) while staying off the NCAA’s radar (looking at you, Tim Floyd) are a must. Actual coaching acumen, the ability to win games and respectability in the community would all probably be a bonus, but if Lane Kiffin has proven anything, that’s negotiable.
As is the salary.
You better believe I applied. A cool $1 million a year is all it would take to pry me away from NBC.
(Thanks, Kevin Pelton)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)