Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
My day has officially been made.
Just hours after USC announced on their website the decision to fire head coach Kevin O’Neill, they made another posting: on the USC jobs site, the university announced that they were accepting applicants for the head coaching position of the Men’s Basketball team.
Seriously. Nothing’s listed for minimum qualifications, although I would assume that prior head coaching experience, or at least a decade’s worth of assistant coaching experience at the high-major level, would be required.
Also, there are no skills required, but I would hazard a guess that the ability to recruit the best players in Southern California (ahem, Kevin O’Neill) while staying off the NCAA’s radar (looking at you, Tim Floyd) are a must. Actual coaching acumen, the ability to win games and respectability in the community would all probably be a bonus, but if Lane Kiffin has proven anything, that’s negotiable.
As is the salary.
You better believe I applied. A cool $1 million a year is all it would take to pry me away from NBC.
(Thanks, Kevin Pelton)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3