Jan 15, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
My day has officially been made.
Just hours after USC announced on their website the decision to fire head coach Kevin O’Neill, they made another posting: on the USC jobs site, the university announced that they were accepting applicants for the head coaching position of the Men’s Basketball team.
Seriously. Nothing’s listed for minimum qualifications, although I would assume that prior head coaching experience, or at least a decade’s worth of assistant coaching experience at the high-major level, would be required.
Also, there are no skills required, but I would hazard a guess that the ability to recruit the best players in Southern California (ahem, Kevin O’Neill) while staying off the NCAA’s radar (looking at you, Tim Floyd) are a must. Actual coaching acumen, the ability to win games and respectability in the community would all probably be a bonus, but if Lane Kiffin has proven anything, that’s negotiable.
As is the salary.
You better believe I applied. A cool $1 million a year is all it would take to pry me away from NBC.
(Thanks, Kevin Pelton)
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)