Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
Episode 6 of the College Basketball Podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by recruiting expert Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports’ Eye on College Basketball to discuss the top freshman in the college game today.
Each week Jeff puts together his Freshman of the Year“rankings, and we spend 30 minutes discussing what each player means to his team.
UNLV’s Anthony Bennett leads the way, playing well beyond his years. Kansas redshirt freshman Ben McLemore is being talked about as a possible No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Jahii Carson of Arizona State is one of the fastest players in the game, but doesn’t get the recognition he deserves because of his team’s lack of success.
Once thought to be a contender for “Player of the Year”, Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart has seen his share of struggles in recent weeks, as have the rest of the Cowboys program. And UCLA is starting to gel after a horrid first month, thanks to the maturation of three key freshman.
We also try to wrap our brains about what is going on at Kentucky, which is never an easy thing to do.
And finally, I pick Jeff’s brain about a subject he knows more about than ever recruiting: men’s fashion. Yup, we talk fashion.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode-6
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)