Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Episode 6 of the College Basketball Podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by recruiting expert Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports’ Eye on College Basketball to discuss the top freshman in the college game today.
Each week Jeff puts together his Freshman of the Year“rankings, and we spend 30 minutes discussing what each player means to his team.
UNLV’s Anthony Bennett leads the way, playing well beyond his years. Kansas redshirt freshman Ben McLemore is being talked about as a possible No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Jahii Carson of Arizona State is one of the fastest players in the game, but doesn’t get the recognition he deserves because of his team’s lack of success.
Once thought to be a contender for “Player of the Year”, Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart has seen his share of struggles in recent weeks, as have the rest of the Cowboys program. And UCLA is starting to gel after a horrid first month, thanks to the maturation of three key freshman.
We also try to wrap our brains about what is going on at Kentucky, which is never an easy thing to do.
And finally, I pick Jeff’s brain about a subject he knows more about than ever recruiting: men’s fashion. Yup, we talk fashion.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode-6
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)