Jan 16, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
Episode 6 of the College Basketball Podcast is here.
Host Troy Machir is joined by recruiting expert Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports’ Eye on College Basketball to discuss the top freshman in the college game today.
Each week Jeff puts together his Freshman of the Year“rankings, and we spend 30 minutes discussing what each player means to his team.
UNLV’s Anthony Bennett leads the way, playing well beyond his years. Kansas redshirt freshman Ben McLemore is being talked about as a possible No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA Draft. Jahii Carson of Arizona State is one of the fastest players in the game, but doesn’t get the recognition he deserves because of his team’s lack of success.
Once thought to be a contender for “Player of the Year”, Oklahoma State guard Marcus Smart has seen his share of struggles in recent weeks, as have the rest of the Cowboys program. And UCLA is starting to gel after a horrid first month, thanks to the maturation of three key freshman.
We also try to wrap our brains about what is going on at Kentucky, which is never an easy thing to do.
And finally, I pick Jeff’s brain about a subject he knows more about than ever recruiting: men’s fashion. Yup, we talk fashion.
So if you’re ready for the best 30 minutes in college basketball, click “play” or open the link below and let’s get things started.
Mobile-Friendly Player: CBT Podcast Episode-6
Remember, the CBT Podcast is now available on iTunes. Also, if you have any questions you want featured on upcoming podcasts, tweet them to @CBTonNBC
What did you think about the podcast? Have a question you want featured on the next episode? Have suggestions about the format? Let Troy Machir know by contacting him on Twitter at @TroyMachir
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)