Jan 16, 2013, 6:51 PM EDT
Georgetown forward Greg Whittington will be out indefinitely after being ruled academically ineligible to compete, the school announced Wednesday evening.
“Greg will not participate in competition until further notice due to an eligibility issue,” said coach John Thompson III in the release.
In his second season with the Hoyas, Whittington had seen a significant increase in minutes per game this season and responded with production. He is the team’s second-leading scorer with 12.1 points per game and second-leading rebounder with 7.0 rebounds per game.
Whittington sat out Georgetown’s win Saturday over St. John’s and was ruled inactive for Wednesday’s game against Providence. Without him in the lineup against the Red Storm, the Hoyas actually broke the cycle of recent offensive struggles in a 67-51 victory.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1