Jan 16, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Durand Scott fouled Boston College freshman Olivier Hanlan behind the three-point line with 0.5 seconds remaining and the Eagles trailing by three, 60-57, giving him an opportunity to tie and send the game to overtime.
Hanlan hit the first two but missed his final shot, allowing Miami to escape with a 60-59 victory in Chestnut Hill, Mass., Wednesday night.
Miami continued to play without the services of big man Reggie Johnson, who has been out of the Hurricane lineup since the middle of December. The win lifts Jim Larranaga’s team to 13-3 overall and 4-0 in the ACC.
Miami led by as many as six points with 15:07 to play in the second half after a Scott jumper, but fell victim to 14-3 run over the next five minutes that allowed Boston College to pull ahead.
Scott was injured at two different points Wednesday, once hurting his an elbow that forced him to sit out, then later suffering what appeared to be an abdominal injury. Both were minor enough to allow him to finish the game. He ended up with 15 points.
Boston College squandered the seven-point lead it held with 7:11 remaining in the second half, due mainly to Kenny Kadji and Trey McKinney Jones, who combined for 14 points in those final seven minutes.
Hanlan finished with 17 points to lead Boston College, along with Lonnie Jackson’s 16.
- Why Duke’s road win at Virginia was so shocking 3
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)
- Jerian Grant turns back fans trying to storm the floor after Duke win (GIF) (4)