Jan 16, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
Big news for Wichita State today: the Shockers should be getting Carl Hall back for Wednesday’s game with Illinois State.
Don’t know who Carl Hall is? Well, you should.
He’s the best low-post option for Gregg Marshall’s club, which managed to climb their way into the top 25 prior to Sunday’s road loss to Evansville despite playing without three starters due to injury.
Hall was one of those three. He broke his thumb in a practice back and has spent the last six games on the bench with a cast on his hand. Prior to the injury, he was Wichita State’s leading scorer (13.6 points) and rebounder (7.9 boards), but with the emergence of Cleanthony Early in the front court, the pressure on Hall to become a primary scorer immediately upon his return isn’t there.
They just need him to take up space in the paint. The points will come.
“Illinois State is a big, strong, athletic team and Creighton’s got (Gregory) Echenique and Doug McDermott so these are good teams with a lot of size. It’s a much needed boost for us to have Carl’s physical presence,” Marshall said. “I just think it’s going to be easier for us now with us being able to plug him in a few minutes here and there until he gets his basketball shape back where he wants it.”
The Shockers are currently a game behind Creighton in the MVC standings.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)