Jan 16, 2013, 11:01 AM EDT
Big news for Wichita State today: the Shockers should be getting Carl Hall back for Wednesday’s game with Illinois State.
Don’t know who Carl Hall is? Well, you should.
He’s the best low-post option for Gregg Marshall’s club, which managed to climb their way into the top 25 prior to Sunday’s road loss to Evansville despite playing without three starters due to injury.
Hall was one of those three. He broke his thumb in a practice back and has spent the last six games on the bench with a cast on his hand. Prior to the injury, he was Wichita State’s leading scorer (13.6 points) and rebounder (7.9 boards), but with the emergence of Cleanthony Early in the front court, the pressure on Hall to become a primary scorer immediately upon his return isn’t there.
They just need him to take up space in the paint. The points will come.
“Illinois State is a big, strong, athletic team and Creighton’s got (Gregory) Echenique and Doug McDermott so these are good teams with a lot of size. It’s a much needed boost for us to have Carl’s physical presence,” Marshall said. “I just think it’s going to be easier for us now with us being able to plug him in a few minutes here and there until he gets his basketball shape back where he wants it.”
The Shockers are currently a game behind Creighton in the MVC standings.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)