Jan 17, 2013, 1:16 AM EDT
With his team down two points, 69-67, Saint Mary’s guard Matthew Dellavedova heaved a shot from half-court that went down as the buzzer sounded to give the Gaels a stunning 70-69 victory Wednesday night at Marriott Center in Provo, Utah.
Dellavedova finished with 18 points on the night, but none bigger than the three that put his team ahead at the end of the game.
Just moments before, BYU’s Tyler Haws had floated across the lane and hit a fallaway jumper that gave the Cougars a two-point lead. He finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting and added seven rebounds.
BYU defended well without fouling on the ensuing possession, but Dellavedova hit from half-court to give Saint Mary’s the win.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)