Jan 17, 2013, 1:16 AM EDT
With his team down two points, 69-67, Saint Mary’s guard Matthew Dellavedova heaved a shot from half-court that went down as the buzzer sounded to give the Gaels a stunning 70-69 victory Wednesday night at Marriott Center in Provo, Utah.
Dellavedova finished with 18 points on the night, but none bigger than the three that put his team ahead at the end of the game.
Just moments before, BYU’s Tyler Haws had floated across the lane and hit a fallaway jumper that gave the Cougars a two-point lead. He finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting and added seven rebounds.
BYU defended well without fouling on the ensuing possession, but Dellavedova hit from half-court to give Saint Mary’s the win.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)