Jan 17, 2013, 1:16 AM EDT
With his team down two points, 69-67, Saint Mary’s guard Matthew Dellavedova heaved a shot from half-court that went down as the buzzer sounded to give the Gaels a stunning 70-69 victory Wednesday night at Marriott Center in Provo, Utah.
Dellavedova finished with 18 points on the night, but none bigger than the three that put his team ahead at the end of the game.
Just moments before, BYU’s Tyler Haws had floated across the lane and hit a fallaway jumper that gave the Cougars a two-point lead. He finished with 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting and added seven rebounds.
BYU defended well without fouling on the ensuing possession, but Dellavedova hit from half-court to give Saint Mary’s the win.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)