Jan 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
VCU and George Mason spent many years banging heads for CAA supremacy before conference realignment stepped in and decided to take an immersion blender to everything we thought we knew about college hoops.
In simpler terms, so many of those intra-conference rivalries we have come to know and love have been blown up like they’re a beaver dam on the property of the Robertsons.
The good news, however, is that while programs like Kansas and Missouri can’t get over their hurt feelings and do their fanbases the favor of playing a basketball game, smaller programs can. According to Steven Goff of the Washington Post, we are close to having a four-year deal for a series between George Mason and VCU:
Steven Goff (@GMUWashPost) January 16, 2013
You can count me amongst the folks hoping that this will happen.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)