Jan 17, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
VCU and George Mason spent many years banging heads for CAA supremacy before conference realignment stepped in and decided to take an immersion blender to everything we thought we knew about college hoops.
In simpler terms, so many of those intra-conference rivalries we have come to know and love have been blown up like they’re a beaver dam on the property of the Robertsons.
The good news, however, is that while programs like Kansas and Missouri can’t get over their hurt feelings and do their fanbases the favor of playing a basketball game, smaller programs can. According to Steven Goff of the Washington Post, we are close to having a four-year deal for a series between George Mason and VCU:
Steven Goff (@GMUWashPost) January 16, 2013
You can count me amongst the folks hoping that this will happen.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)