Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Wisconsin-Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle has suspended sophomore forward Greg Mays for three games for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“Each member of this program is held accountable to the standards set for all of us, and Greg made a decision which does not live up to those standards,” said Wardle in a release. “Greg is a good young man who understands his mistake and its consequences, and I expect him to work hard on and off the court to be a strong representative of our program, athletics department and University moving forward.”
Mays had been a key piece off the bench for the Pheonix. He was averaging 6.7 points and 4.2 boards and had just gone for 18 points and nine boards in a loss to Detroit last Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)