Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Wisconsin-Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle has suspended sophomore forward Greg Mays for three games for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“Each member of this program is held accountable to the standards set for all of us, and Greg made a decision which does not live up to those standards,” said Wardle in a release. “Greg is a good young man who understands his mistake and its consequences, and I expect him to work hard on and off the court to be a strong representative of our program, athletics department and University moving forward.”
Mays had been a key piece off the bench for the Pheonix. He was averaging 6.7 points and 4.2 boards and had just gone for 18 points and nine boards in a loss to Detroit last Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)