Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Wisconsin-Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle has suspended sophomore forward Greg Mays for three games for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“Each member of this program is held accountable to the standards set for all of us, and Greg made a decision which does not live up to those standards,” said Wardle in a release. “Greg is a good young man who understands his mistake and its consequences, and I expect him to work hard on and off the court to be a strong representative of our program, athletics department and University moving forward.”
Mays had been a key piece off the bench for the Pheonix. He was averaging 6.7 points and 4.2 boards and had just gone for 18 points and nine boards in a loss to Detroit last Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)