Jan 17, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Wisconsin-Green Bay head coach Brian Wardle has suspended sophomore forward Greg Mays for three games for the dreaded violation of team rules.
“Each member of this program is held accountable to the standards set for all of us, and Greg made a decision which does not live up to those standards,” said Wardle in a release. “Greg is a good young man who understands his mistake and its consequences, and I expect him to work hard on and off the court to be a strong representative of our program, athletics department and University moving forward.”
Mays had been a key piece off the bench for the Pheonix. He was averaging 6.7 points and 4.2 boards and had just gone for 18 points and nine boards in a loss to Detroit last Saturday.
You can find Rob on twitter @RobDauster.
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 2
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 1
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)