Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM EDT
Idaho State hasn’t had much reason to celebrate this season, however Wednesday night provided a much needed lift to the struggling Bengals.
Trailing by 11, seconds before halftime, Idaho State’s Ayibakuro Preh corralled the rebound, giving it off to sophomore guard Chris Hansen, not expecting him to do anything with it. Hansen launched an 88-footer at the buzzer, sending the Bengals into halftime, down 29-21 to Sacramento State.
Idaho State used the almost full court heave as a spark heading into half, outscoring Sacramento State 39-30 in the second half to take a 60-59 win.
Hansen dropped 15 points – the buzzer beater being one of his two 3-pointers on the evening – but the hero of the game was Tomas Sanchez, who scored a game-high 22 points, including the game winner with four seconds remaining. Idaho State earned its fourth win on the season.
(Photo courtesy Idaho State athletics)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles