Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
Idaho State hasn’t had much reason to celebrate this season, however Wednesday night provided a much needed lift to the struggling Bengals.
Trailing by 11, seconds before halftime, Idaho State’s Ayibakuro Preh corralled the rebound, giving it off to sophomore guard Chris Hansen, not expecting him to do anything with it. Hansen launched an 88-footer at the buzzer, sending the Bengals into halftime, down 29-21 to Sacramento State.
Idaho State used the almost full court heave as a spark heading into half, outscoring Sacramento State 39-30 in the second half to take a 60-59 win.
Hansen dropped 15 points – the buzzer beater being one of his two 3-pointers on the evening – but the hero of the game was Tomas Sanchez, who scored a game-high 22 points, including the game winner with four seconds remaining. Idaho State earned its fourth win on the season.
(Photo courtesy Idaho State athletics)
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)