Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM EST
Idaho State hasn’t had much reason to celebrate this season, however Wednesday night provided a much needed lift to the struggling Bengals.
Trailing by 11, seconds before halftime, Idaho State’s Ayibakuro Preh corralled the rebound, giving it off to sophomore guard Chris Hansen, not expecting him to do anything with it. Hansen launched an 88-footer at the buzzer, sending the Bengals into halftime, down 29-21 to Sacramento State.
Idaho State used the almost full court heave as a spark heading into half, outscoring Sacramento State 39-30 in the second half to take a 60-59 win.
Hansen dropped 15 points – the buzzer beater being one of his two 3-pointers on the evening – but the hero of the game was Tomas Sanchez, who scored a game-high 22 points, including the game winner with four seconds remaining. Idaho State earned its fourth win on the season.
(Photo courtesy Idaho State athletics)
- Texas hangs on to beat No. 14 North Carolina in Chapel Hill 3
- The Chase for 180: Nic Moore’s hot start 0
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season 6
- Memphis loss shouldn’t feed narrative about Josh Pastner, big games 0
- Casey Prather’s star turn a boon for Florida 1
- Report: Former North Carolina guard Will Graves arrested on drug charges at home owned by head coach Roy Williams (20)
- Kentucky is a flawed team, but does that mean they can’t contend? (12)
- WATCH: Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson unloads in press conference (8)
- Leslie McDonald has been cleared, while reports say P.J. Hairston unlikely to play this season (6)
- Weekend Preview: Iowa-Iowa State highlights a rivalry-heavy weekend slate (5)