Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM EDT
Idaho State hasn’t had much reason to celebrate this season, however Wednesday night provided a much needed lift to the struggling Bengals.
Trailing by 11, seconds before halftime, Idaho State’s Ayibakuro Preh corralled the rebound, giving it off to sophomore guard Chris Hansen, not expecting him to do anything with it. Hansen launched an 88-footer at the buzzer, sending the Bengals into halftime, down 29-21 to Sacramento State.
Idaho State used the almost full court heave as a spark heading into half, outscoring Sacramento State 39-30 in the second half to take a 60-59 win.
Hansen dropped 15 points – the buzzer beater being one of his two 3-pointers on the evening – but the hero of the game was Tomas Sanchez, who scored a game-high 22 points, including the game winner with four seconds remaining. Idaho State earned its fourth win on the season.
(Photo courtesy Idaho State athletics)
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)