Jan 18, 2013, 9:33 AM EDT
Idaho State hasn’t had much reason to celebrate this season, however Wednesday night provided a much needed lift to the struggling Bengals.
Trailing by 11, seconds before halftime, Idaho State’s Ayibakuro Preh corralled the rebound, giving it off to sophomore guard Chris Hansen, not expecting him to do anything with it. Hansen launched an 88-footer at the buzzer, sending the Bengals into halftime, down 29-21 to Sacramento State.
Idaho State used the almost full court heave as a spark heading into half, outscoring Sacramento State 39-30 in the second half to take a 60-59 win.
Hansen dropped 15 points – the buzzer beater being one of his two 3-pointers on the evening – but the hero of the game was Tomas Sanchez, who scored a game-high 22 points, including the game winner with four seconds remaining. Idaho State earned its fourth win on the season.
(Photo courtesy Idaho State athletics)
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0