Jan 18, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
Game of the Day: Stony Brook at Vermont (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Stony Brook goes on the road to face Vermont in what should be an interesting game. Stony Brook, the team that lost to UConn and Seton Hall by a combined 10 points, is 4-0 in the American East and will try to stay atop the league and remain perfect. Vermont, on the other hand, is looking to score a home win and jump into first place. Vermont and Albany are both 4-1.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Day: Fairfield at Iona (9:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Iona trails half a game to Niagara in the MAAC standings. Fairfield, although 2-4 in conference, are better than the record indicates. So far in conference play the Stags have lost to conference-leading Niagara twice by a combined seven points, while falling to Loyola (Md.) by three in overtime.
Other Game – Jacksonville at North Florida (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Jacksonville and North Florida meet in a crosstown rivalry known as SunTrust River City Rumble.
Things to Watch For
1) Iona’s offense vs. Fairfield’s defense – Iona loves to push the tempo, averaging 82.5 points per game. Fairfield will attempt to slow them down, especially on the offensive end by slowing down the pace, eating up most of the shot clock.
2) Defense from Stony Brook and Vermont – The two best defensive teams in the American East go at it tonight. Stony Brook gives up an average of 57 points per game, while Vermont is right behind with 58. First place is on the line up in Burlington tonight.
3) The weekend – Tomorrow features five games, in which both teams are ranked including No. 6 Syracuse at No. 1 Louisville and No. 8 Gonzaga at No. 13 Butler. In all 18 ranked teams play Saturday.
The Top 25
No Top 25 teams tonight
Aug 22, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
2015 guard Eric Davis had a strong summer and is one of the better guards in the country.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Louisville is updating its floor with the move to the ACC.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Auburn made a recruiting move on Friday night with the addition of Danjel Purifoy.
Aug 22, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Missouri has a fair amount of quality teams on its non-conference schedule.
Aug 22, 2014, 6:10 PM EDT
An Oregon State incoming guard is improving in the hospital after collapsing earlier in the week.
Aug 22, 2014, 5:05 PM EDT
College Basketball Talk’s recruiting column explores the week’s topics.
Aug 22, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Dominic Woodson is now officially a Tennessee Volunteer.
Aug 22, 2014, 2:37 PM EDT
Aaron Brown averaged 9.9 points per game and shot 39 percent from three last season, and he’ll be eligible to play immediately.
Aug 22, 2014, 1:28 PM EDT
Having stated their intention of appealing the ruling in the Ed O’Bannon lawsuit, the NCAA filed a notice of appeal on Thursday.
Aug 22, 2014, 12:07 PM EDT
Five-star center Tyler Davis becomes Texas A&M’s first commitment, and he’s an important addition for Billy Kennedy.
Aug 22, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Austin Hatch, who saw his first action in a Michigan uniform on Saturday, discussed his return to the court on The Today Show.
Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Upon completion, Hinkle Fieldhouse will have a brand new look while preserving the building’s storied past.
Aug 22, 2014, 9:44 AM EDT
The conference tournament will now span five days, with there being a doubleheader on Wednesday, March 11 (11 seed vs. 14 seed, 12 seed vs. 13 seed).
Aug 21, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
More than two months after his older brother left the football program, Mickey Mitchell has decided to decommit from Ohio State.
Aug 21, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
6-foot-7 forward Kevin Puryear was a point forward for his high school team last season.
Aug 21, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
The Toronto Blue Jays aren’t thrilled with Creighton filing an application to trademark its logo, which was unveiled last September.
Aug 21, 2014, 7:21 PM EDT
Rick Barnes entered last season on nearly every pundit’s “hot seat” rankings, only to turn things around and win 24 games.
Aug 21, 2014, 5:55 PM EDT
Mo’ne Davis is currently focused on winning a LLWS title, but down the line she really wants to run the point at UConn.
Aug 21, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Aaron McKie ranks sixth on Temple’s all-time scoring list, and he played 13 seasons in the NBA.
Aug 21, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
UConn’s league schedule is only getting weaker. They need to beef up in the non-conference.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)