Jan 18, 2013, 4:09 PM EDT
Game of the Day: Stony Brook at Vermont (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Stony Brook goes on the road to face Vermont in what should be an interesting game. Stony Brook, the team that lost to UConn and Seton Hall by a combined 10 points, is 4-0 in the American East and will try to stay atop the league and remain perfect. Vermont, on the other hand, is looking to score a home win and jump into first place. Vermont and Albany are both 4-1.
Mid-Major Matchup of the Day: Fairfield at Iona (9:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Iona trails half a game to Niagara in the MAAC standings. Fairfield, although 2-4 in conference, are better than the record indicates. So far in conference play the Stags have lost to conference-leading Niagara twice by a combined seven points, while falling to Loyola (Md.) by three in overtime.
Other Game – Jacksonville at North Florida (7:00 p.m. ET, ESPNU)
Jacksonville and North Florida meet in a crosstown rivalry known as SunTrust River City Rumble.
Things to Watch For
1) Iona’s offense vs. Fairfield’s defense – Iona loves to push the tempo, averaging 82.5 points per game. Fairfield will attempt to slow them down, especially on the offensive end by slowing down the pace, eating up most of the shot clock.
2) Defense from Stony Brook and Vermont – The two best defensive teams in the American East go at it tonight. Stony Brook gives up an average of 57 points per game, while Vermont is right behind with 58. First place is on the line up in Burlington tonight.
3) The weekend – Tomorrow features five games, in which both teams are ranked including No. 6 Syracuse at No. 1 Louisville and No. 8 Gonzaga at No. 13 Butler. In all 18 ranked teams play Saturday.
The Top 25
No Top 25 teams tonight
Apr 24, 2014, 12:35 PM EDT
The seven-footer will miss some time getting a torn labrum repaired.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:56 AM EDT
Roy Williams is not the world’s greatest dancer.
Apr 24, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
Kentucky, Kansas and just about every elite program in the country is on the trail of the Haitian.
Apr 24, 2014, 10:39 AM EDT
It’s pretty funnyl
Apr 24, 2014, 12:57 AM EDT
According to multiple reports, former Georgetown big Moses Ayegba has decided to transfer to Nebraska.
Apr 24, 2014, 12:17 AM EDT
According to a report, UConn center Amida Brimah will need to undergo surgery on his left shoulder.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Shaka Smart filled a vacancy on his staff Wednesday, hiring former Vanderbilt assistant David Cason.
Apr 23, 2014, 9:04 PM EDT
Less than a week after making an official visit to the school, it was reported that Malek Harris had committed to Kansas State. But that may not be the case.
Apr 23, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
Frank Haith announced his coaching staff Wednesday, with the trio combining to have more than 90 seasons of coaching experience.
Apr 23, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
UConn and Duke will reportedly play each other just before Christmas in New Jersey.
Apr 23, 2014, 5:23 PM EDT
Former St. John’s commit Darrick Wood verbally committed to attend DePaul on Wednesday.
Apr 23, 2014, 4:22 PM EDT
After playing well in Kentucky’s run to the national title game, Dakari Johnson has decided to return for his sophomore season.
Apr 23, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
LSU should have the pieces to be a tournament team in 2014-2015.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:54 PM EDT
Minnesota landed a commitment from a 6-foot-11 three-star recruit.
Apr 23, 2014, 2:28 PM EDT
Adala Moto was a top 150 recruit in the class of 2012.
Apr 23, 2014, 1:58 PM EDT
Allen will be one of the keys to Arizona’s season. Click to see why.
Apr 23, 2014, 12:34 PM EDT
Randle talks favorite NBA players and the one-and-done rule.
Apr 23, 2014, 11:49 AM EDT
Kentucky got some good news on Wednesday afternoon.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:32 AM EDT
He will be eligible immediately.
Apr 23, 2014, 10:03 AM EDT
Not a bad pitch from the UConn star.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)