Jan 18, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Seton Hall landed its second guard for the Class of 2013, as Jerron Wilbut, a 6-foot-3 guard in his post graduate year at St. John’s Northwest Military (Wis.) pledged to the Pirates Thursday night.
Wilbut announced his decision on his Twitter account around 10:30 p.m.
“They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and from what I’ve seen they’re in need of a scorer,” Wilbut told SNY.tv.“I can be coming in and that’s a good spot for me.”
According to ZagsBlog.com, Wilbut picked Seton Hall over other offers from Alabama, Marquette, Xavier, UTEP and Green Bay. Wilbut went on to say that Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard is looking for him to bring a strong offensive game with the ability to penetrate to score or open up teammates.
The Pirates only have two players locked up for next season, Wilbut and the always exciting Aquille Carr, the Baltimore native, who is at Princeton Day Academy (Md.) for his final season. Carr had committed to Seton Hall last January over other Big East offers.
The landscape of the Big East is a mess, but Seton Hall might be bringing in one of the more exciting backcourts next season. With both Wilbut and Carr’s ability to create off the dribble and in transition, the Pirates will be a fun team watch get up and down the floor.
Seton Hall will look to round out its incoming freshman class with a handful of recruits still considering the Pirates.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)