Jan 18, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Seton Hall landed its second guard for the Class of 2013, as Jerron Wilbut, a 6-foot-3 guard in his post graduate year at St. John’s Northwest Military (Wis.) pledged to the Pirates Thursday night.
Wilbut announced his decision on his Twitter account around 10:30 p.m.
“They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and from what I’ve seen they’re in need of a scorer,” Wilbut told SNY.tv.“I can be coming in and that’s a good spot for me.”
According to ZagsBlog.com, Wilbut picked Seton Hall over other offers from Alabama, Marquette, Xavier, UTEP and Green Bay. Wilbut went on to say that Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard is looking for him to bring a strong offensive game with the ability to penetrate to score or open up teammates.
The Pirates only have two players locked up for next season, Wilbut and the always exciting Aquille Carr, the Baltimore native, who is at Princeton Day Academy (Md.) for his final season. Carr had committed to Seton Hall last January over other Big East offers.
The landscape of the Big East is a mess, but Seton Hall might be bringing in one of the more exciting backcourts next season. With both Wilbut and Carr’s ability to create off the dribble and in transition, the Pirates will be a fun team watch get up and down the floor.
Seton Hall will look to round out its incoming freshman class with a handful of recruits still considering the Pirates.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)