Jan 18, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Seton Hall landed its second guard for the Class of 2013, as Jerron Wilbut, a 6-foot-3 guard in his post graduate year at St. John’s Northwest Military (Wis.) pledged to the Pirates Thursday night.
Wilbut announced his decision on his Twitter account around 10:30 p.m.
“They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and from what I’ve seen they’re in need of a scorer,” Wilbut told SNY.tv.“I can be coming in and that’s a good spot for me.”
According to ZagsBlog.com, Wilbut picked Seton Hall over other offers from Alabama, Marquette, Xavier, UTEP and Green Bay. Wilbut went on to say that Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard is looking for him to bring a strong offensive game with the ability to penetrate to score or open up teammates.
The Pirates only have two players locked up for next season, Wilbut and the always exciting Aquille Carr, the Baltimore native, who is at Princeton Day Academy (Md.) for his final season. Carr had committed to Seton Hall last January over other Big East offers.
The landscape of the Big East is a mess, but Seton Hall might be bringing in one of the more exciting backcourts next season. With both Wilbut and Carr’s ability to create off the dribble and in transition, the Pirates will be a fun team watch get up and down the floor.
Seton Hall will look to round out its incoming freshman class with a handful of recruits still considering the Pirates.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 40
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)