Jan 18, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
Seton Hall landed its second guard for the Class of 2013, as Jerron Wilbut, a 6-foot-3 guard in his post graduate year at St. John’s Northwest Military (Wis.) pledged to the Pirates Thursday night.
Wilbut announced his decision on his Twitter account around 10:30 p.m.
“They’ve been recruiting me for a long time and from what I’ve seen they’re in need of a scorer,” Wilbut told SNY.tv.“I can be coming in and that’s a good spot for me.”
According to ZagsBlog.com, Wilbut picked Seton Hall over other offers from Alabama, Marquette, Xavier, UTEP and Green Bay. Wilbut went on to say that Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard is looking for him to bring a strong offensive game with the ability to penetrate to score or open up teammates.
The Pirates only have two players locked up for next season, Wilbut and the always exciting Aquille Carr, the Baltimore native, who is at Princeton Day Academy (Md.) for his final season. Carr had committed to Seton Hall last January over other Big East offers.
The landscape of the Big East is a mess, but Seton Hall might be bringing in one of the more exciting backcourts next season. With both Wilbut and Carr’s ability to create off the dribble and in transition, the Pirates will be a fun team watch get up and down the floor.
Seton Hall will look to round out its incoming freshman class with a handful of recruits still considering the Pirates.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)