Jan 19, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Despite not having Laurence Bowers in the lineup, the game between Missouri and Florida was billed as one of the marquee match-ups on a loaded Saturday of college hoops.
Unfortunately, the Florida Gators had other plans, and turned the game into a rout, beating the Tigers 83-52.
Billy Donovan has never been one to draw attention to himself, and despite winning the 400th game as head coach of the Gators, he went about his business as you expect from a coach whose team just defeated a conference opponent by 31 points.
Patric Young had other plans.
What starts as your typical post-game locker room speech turns into quite possibly the first-ever documented locker room GATORADE SHOWER!!!
Young finished with nine points an eight rebounds, but his best move came after the game was long finished.
Coach Donovan gets his 400th win and we get a Gatorade bath, something rarely seen in college hoops.
And for this, Patric Young gets my “Player of the Game” vote.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)