Jan 19, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
Despite not having Laurence Bowers in the lineup, the game between Missouri and Florida was billed as one of the marquee match-ups on a loaded Saturday of college hoops.
Unfortunately, the Florida Gators had other plans, and turned the game into a rout, beating the Tigers 83-52.
Billy Donovan has never been one to draw attention to himself, and despite winning the 400th game as head coach of the Gators, he went about his business as you expect from a coach whose team just defeated a conference opponent by 31 points.
Patric Young had other plans.
What starts as your typical post-game locker room speech turns into quite possibly the first-ever documented locker room GATORADE SHOWER!!!
Young finished with nine points an eight rebounds, but his best move came after the game was long finished.
Coach Donovan gets his 400th win and we get a Gatorade bath, something rarely seen in college hoops.
And for this, Patric Young gets my “Player of the Game” vote.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle has formally declared for the NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 6
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)