Jan 19, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Boise State guard Jeff Elorriaga will not play Saturday against Air Force after suffering a concussion in his team’s Jan. 16 loss to New Mexico, the Idaho Statesman is reporting.
Elorriaga did not make the trip to Colorado Springs with the team for Saturday’s game. On the season, he is averaging 11.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Against previously undefeated Wyoming on Jan. 9, Elorriaga hit a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to down the Cowboys.
Sophomore Joe Hanstad will get the start in his place, averaging just under 11 minutes per game for the Broncos this season. Coach Leon Rice has his Boise State team off to an impressive 13-3 start, including 1-1 in the Mountain West Conference.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)