Jan 19, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Boise State guard Jeff Elorriaga will not play Saturday against Air Force after suffering a concussion in his team’s Jan. 16 loss to New Mexico, the Idaho Statesman is reporting.
Elorriaga did not make the trip to Colorado Springs with the team for Saturday’s game. On the season, he is averaging 11.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Against previously undefeated Wyoming on Jan. 9, Elorriaga hit a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to down the Cowboys.
Sophomore Joe Hanstad will get the start in his place, averaging just under 11 minutes per game for the Broncos this season. Coach Leon Rice has his Boise State team off to an impressive 13-3 start, including 1-1 in the Mountain West Conference.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Congratulations to Dickie V on 35 years of broadcasting (VIDEO) (2)
- VCU’s half court scoring issues becoming a concern? (2)