Jan 19, 2013, 3:16 PM EDT
Boise State guard Jeff Elorriaga will not play Saturday against Air Force after suffering a concussion in his team’s Jan. 16 loss to New Mexico, the Idaho Statesman is reporting.
Elorriaga did not make the trip to Colorado Springs with the team for Saturday’s game. On the season, he is averaging 11.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Against previously undefeated Wyoming on Jan. 9, Elorriaga hit a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to down the Cowboys.
Sophomore Joe Hanstad will get the start in his place, averaging just under 11 minutes per game for the Broncos this season. Coach Leon Rice has his Boise State team off to an impressive 13-3 start, including 1-1 in the Mountain West Conference.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0