Jan 19, 2013, 3:16 PM EST
Boise State guard Jeff Elorriaga will not play Saturday against Air Force after suffering a concussion in his team’s Jan. 16 loss to New Mexico, the Idaho Statesman is reporting.
Elorriaga did not make the trip to Colorado Springs with the team for Saturday’s game. On the season, he is averaging 11.9 points and 3.5 rebounds per game. Against previously undefeated Wyoming on Jan. 9, Elorriaga hit a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer to down the Cowboys.
Sophomore Joe Hanstad will get the start in his place, averaging just under 11 minutes per game for the Broncos this season. Coach Leon Rice has his Boise State team off to an impressive 13-3 start, including 1-1 in the Mountain West Conference.
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)