Jan 19, 2013, 9:53 PM EDT
If you told me I could only cover one conference for the remainder of the season, I’d pick the Mountain West, and I’ll tell you why.
Top-to-bottom, right now, it’s the most competitive league in the nation. Any team can beat any other on any given day, and it’s not because the league is weak, but because it’s loaded with great players and coaches. Only Nevada and Fresno State have played below the radar this season.
And fans, oh man the fans. Televised games are absolutely raucous this season, because MWC fans know they have it good.
Colorado State’s Moby Center was rocking hard throughout tonight’s 66-61 win over preseason favorite UNLV. Home fans watched Dorian Green score 24 and center Colton Iverson pull down ten crucial rebounds against the Rebs. Noise levels on the Rams’ home court reached airport-tarmac levels as Colorado State held the visitors scoreless for more than three minutes down the stretch.
To get your taste of MWC basketball, watch these highlights from NBCSports:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 0
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Bruce Pearl gets welcomed by Auburn team, students after NCAA show-cause ends (VIDEO) 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (3)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)