Jan 19, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
If you told me I could only cover one conference for the remainder of the season, I’d pick the Mountain West, and I’ll tell you why.
Top-to-bottom, right now, it’s the most competitive league in the nation. Any team can beat any other on any given day, and it’s not because the league is weak, but because it’s loaded with great players and coaches. Only Nevada and Fresno State have played below the radar this season.
And fans, oh man the fans. Televised games are absolutely raucous this season, because MWC fans know they have it good.
Colorado State’s Moby Center was rocking hard throughout tonight’s 66-61 win over preseason favorite UNLV. Home fans watched Dorian Green score 24 and center Colton Iverson pull down ten crucial rebounds against the Rebs. Noise levels on the Rams’ home court reached airport-tarmac levels as Colorado State held the visitors scoreless for more than three minutes down the stretch.
To get your taste of MWC basketball, watch these highlights from NBCSports:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 20 Most Improved Players 0
- College Hoops Week in Review: Wisconsin’s for real, and so is Chaz Williams 0
- Former Rutgers player Derrick Randall sues school over Mike Rice’s actions 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25 rankings 0
- Maurice Creek, George Washington proving to be a match made in heaven 0
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (3)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)