Jan 19, 2013, 9:53 PM EST
If you told me I could only cover one conference for the remainder of the season, I’d pick the Mountain West, and I’ll tell you why.
Top-to-bottom, right now, it’s the most competitive league in the nation. Any team can beat any other on any given day, and it’s not because the league is weak, but because it’s loaded with great players and coaches. Only Nevada and Fresno State have played below the radar this season.
And fans, oh man the fans. Televised games are absolutely raucous this season, because MWC fans know they have it good.
Colorado State’s Moby Center was rocking hard throughout tonight’s 66-61 win over preseason favorite UNLV. Home fans watched Dorian Green score 24 and center Colton Iverson pull down ten crucial rebounds against the Rebs. Noise levels on the Rams’ home court reached airport-tarmac levels as Colorado State held the visitors scoreless for more than three minutes down the stretch.
To get your taste of MWC basketball, watch these highlights from NBCSports:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)