Jan 19, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
On a day featuring a loaded slate of college basketball action, the first highlight of the day comes from a game you probably didn’t know was going on.
Bradley guard Walt Lemon Jr. drove the entire length of the floor with 4.3 seconds remaining and hit a running 3-pointer off the glass to give the Braves their fourth conference win of the season.
The game-winning shot helped fend off a furious Missouri State comeback. The Bears trailed by 15 points at the half and spent the game’s final 20 minutes chipping away at the lead.
But unfortunately, their efforts were for naught.
Lemon Jr. finished with a game-high 20 points, but none more important than the final three.
(Photo courtesy of Bradley Athletics)
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 2
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)