Jan 19, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
On a day featuring a loaded slate of college basketball action, the first highlight of the day comes from a game you probably didn’t know was going on.
Bradley guard Walt Lemon Jr. drove the entire length of the floor with 4.3 seconds remaining and hit a running 3-pointer off the glass to give the Braves their fourth conference win of the season.
The game-winning shot helped fend off a furious Missouri State comeback. The Bears trailed by 15 points at the half and spent the game’s final 20 minutes chipping away at the lead.
But unfortunately, their efforts were for naught.
Lemon Jr. finished with a game-high 20 points, but none more important than the final three.
(Photo courtesy of Bradley Athletics)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)