Jan 19, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
On a day featuring a loaded slate of college basketball action, the first highlight of the day comes from a game you probably didn’t know was going on.
Bradley guard Walt Lemon Jr. drove the entire length of the floor with 4.3 seconds remaining and hit a running 3-pointer off the glass to give the Braves their fourth conference win of the season.
The game-winning shot helped fend off a furious Missouri State comeback. The Bears trailed by 15 points at the half and spent the game’s final 20 minutes chipping away at the lead.
But unfortunately, their efforts were for naught.
Lemon Jr. finished with a game-high 20 points, but none more important than the final three.
(Photo courtesy of Bradley Athletics)
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)