Jan 20, 2013, 10:31 AM EST
Butler guard Rotnei Clarke, who injured his neck when he crashed into the base support of the backboard Jan. 12 against Dayton, is looking to return to the Bulldog lineup Jan. 26 against Temple, Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com is reporting.
Clarke is Butler’s leading scorer, averaging 16.3 points per game. Without Clarke in the lineup, Butler has continued its now 13-game winning streak, which includes a thrilling last-second victory over Gonzaga Saturday night.
For as bad as Clarke’s injury looked initially, this two-week timeline is optimistic. Tests found that he suffered a sprained neck but had no spinal damage. At the time of the collision, Clarke temporarily lost feeling in his extremities and was taken off the court on a stretcher.
Butler takes on La Salle on Jan. 23, a game Clarke will miss, before heading to Temple on Jan. 26.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (11)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)